Ixora Sp??280210-PKA1

Prashant awale

Feb 28, 2010, 7:56:52 AM2/28/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

This is some Ixora Sp. Could this be " Ixora brachiata" ( Rubiaceae Family)??.

Date/Time-

27-01-2010 / 07:00 AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-

Gothane , Above Marleshwar, 3000  ft

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-

Tree

Height/Length-

 ~ 3 m

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

  Opposite, 4 to 7 cm, elliptic, tapering at base & apex, Petiole ~ 1  cm

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

 Flowers in terminal, small size

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

White coloured with Reddish peduncle

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

…..

Fragrance was felt even at sufficient distance from this tree

Thanks & best wishes
Prashant
Ixora-Gothane-0.jpg
Ixora-Gothane-4.JPG
Ixora-Gothane-9.jpg

Ninad Raut

Mar 1, 2010, 6:09:40 AM3/1/10
to efloraofindia
Dear All,
Wish you all a Happy Holi...

Dear Prashant ji,

Looks like Ixora parviflora.
Lokhandi in Marathi.

regds
Ninad Raut
WII, D'dun

On Feb 28, 5:56 pm, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>

> This is some Ixora Sp. Could this be " Ixora brachiata" ( Rubiaceae*
> *Family)??.
>
>   *Date/Time-*

> 27-01-2010 / 07:00 AM
>

> *Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- *

> Gothane , Above Marleshwar, 3000  ft
>

> *Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-*
>
> Wild
>
> *Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  *
>
> Tree
>
> *Height/Length- *
>
>  ~ 3 m
>
> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-*

>   Opposite, 4 to 7 cm, elliptic, tapering at base & apex, Petiole ~ 1  cm
>

> *Inflorescence Type/ Size- *

>  Flowers in terminal, small size
>

> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-*

> White coloured with Reddish peduncle
>

> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-*
>
> * *
>
> …..
>
> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- *
>
> * *

> Fragrance was felt even at sufficient distance from this tree
>
> Thanks & best wishes
> Prashant
>

>  Ixora-Gothane-0.jpg
> 191KViewDownload
>
>  Ixora-Gothane-4.JPG
> 135KViewDownload
>
>  Ixora-Gothane-9.jpg
> 179KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

Mar 17, 2010, 3:24:53 AM3/17/10
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale, Ninad Raut, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dinesh Valke

Earlier relevant feedback:

Looks like Ixora parviflora.
Lokhandi in Marathi.

regds
Ninad Raut”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Ixora-Gothane-0.jpg
Ixora-Gothane-4.JPG
Ixora-Gothane-9.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Mar 17, 2010, 9:53:54 AM3/17/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Prashant awale, Ninad Raut, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
... me too think like Ninad ji ... most probably Ixora pavetta.(syn. Ixora arborea, Ixora parviflora)
Regards.

JM Garg

Oct 8, 2019, 9:57:14 AM10/8/19
to efloraofindia, DineshValke, Ninad Raut
I think it should be Ixora brachiata as per keys, details and images herein and as per discussions at Differences- Ixora pavetta and Ixora brachiata
Ixora-Gothane-0.jpg
Ixora-Gothane-4.JPG
Ixora-Gothane-9.jpg