Rhynchostylis retusa :: ghoge gava in Nepali

Dinesh Valke

Jul 1, 2011, 3:43:18 AM7/1/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Nepali-knowing friends,

How would the name ghoge gava for Rhynchostylis retusa, be spelt in Nepali ... घोगे गावा ?
The name is put at eFlora - Annotated Checklist of the Flowering Plants of Nepal.

Regards.
Dinesh

Ritesh Choudhary

Jul 3, 2011, 6:39:07 AM7/3/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Dinesh Sir,

Today one of my Nepali friends informed that Rhynchostylis retusa is
popularly known as सुनाखरी (Sunakhari) in Nepal.

He was not aware of the name Ghoge Gava.

Regards,
Ritesh.

Dinesh Valke

Jul 3, 2011, 9:09:05 AM7/3/11
to Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
Oh ... thank you very much, Ritesh ji.
This new name is bonus !!

Regards.
Dinesh.

J.M. Garg

Oct 16, 2011, 3:36:46 AM10/16/11
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, sahani...@gmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, santr...@yahoo.com, sameer...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, avi...@yahoo.com, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Today one of my Nepali friends informed that Rhynchostylis retusa is

popularly known as सुनाखरी (Sunakhari) in Nepal.

He was not aware of the name Ghoge Gava.

Regards,
Ritesh.”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1725 members & 85,000 messages on 30/9/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species).

Dinesh Valke

Dec 11, 2017, 8:59:16 AM12/11/17
to efloraofindia, Ritesh Choudhary, Ritesh Choudhary, Saroj Kasaju
Many thanks Ritesh ji for the possible name सुनाखरी for Rhynchostylis retusa.
I find it on a page of Wikipedia ... Saroj ji, requesting you to validate whether सुनाखरी is a valid name for Rhynchostylis retusa.

I have already noted the name घोगे गावा ghoge gava listed at Annotated Checklist of the Flowering Plants of Nepal, and also put on your flickr photopage.

Regards.
Dinesh

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 11, 2017, 9:09:46 AM12/11/17
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, Ritesh Choudhary, Ritesh Choudhary
सुनाखरी is the general name for all orchids
whereas घोगे गावा Ghoge Gaavaa / थुर Thur
is the specific name for R. retusa.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Dinesh Valke

Dec 11, 2017, 9:11:46 AM12/11/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, Ritesh Choudhary, Ritesh Choudhary
Thank you very very much Saroj ji, for this clarification.
Regards.
Dinesh