125 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 24, 2021, 2:19:28 PM8/24/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Altitude: 1400fsl

Flower date: 02.08.2021, 03.50pm

Habitat: wild moisture

Plant habit: climbing, branches, hard thorny rigid young and cylindrical old stem, purple young shoot, hanging or climbing spring or tendrils tip thread, perennial

Height: 05 meters

Leaves: alternate, ovate, oblong, apex, size:12×6cm or less

Flower: orbital racemose, clustered, diameter:18mm, green, non fragrant

Fruit: ovate capsules, green into black size:1×.8mm, edible little sweet

Seed: brown up to 3 nos., pear shaped, size:2.5×1.5mm

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

125 Identify wild plant
20210802_155153.jpg
20210802_155121.jpg
20210802_155328.jpg
20210802_155507.jpg
20210802_155004.jpg
20210802_155416.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 24, 2021, 2:21:34 PM8/24/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210802_160233.jpg
20210802_155639.jpg
20210802_155856.jpg
20210802_160255.jpg
20210802_160357.jpg
20210802_160003.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 24, 2021, 2:23:52 PM8/24/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210802_160450.jpg
20210815_135555.jpg
20210802_160515.jpg

Nidhan Singh

Aug 24, 2021, 7:56:12 PM8/24/21
to indiantreepix
Please check for Smilax sp.

Shiny Rehel

Aug 25, 2021, 2:00:35 AM8/25/21
to efloraofindia
This look like Smilax zeylanica ( Syn. S.ovalifolia)
 https://keystone-foundation.org/
Keystone Foundation
Groves Hill Road | PB 35
Kotagiri 643217 | Nilgiris Dist | Tamil Nadu | India
+91 (0)4266 272277
https://keystone-foundation.org

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 25, 2021, 11:44:17 AM8/25/21
to efloraofindia, nidhans...@gmail.com
It is very close to Smilax wallichii  dear Nidhan ji and dear Keystone Foundation.  Thank you very much for helping to ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Aug 31, 2021, 2:28:53 AM8/31/21
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Shiny Rehel
Thanks, Shiny ji, for the id.
I agree with you as per images and details at Smilax zeylanica L.
Smilax wallichii Kunth have distribution only in E.Himalayas as per POWO.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 31, 2021, 2:34:46 AM8/31/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Shiny Rehel
Dear Garg ji, Nidhan ji, Shiny maam, all Members,
Thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.