Identification no 210711sn1

Satish Nikam

Jul 21, 2011, 1:41:22 AM7/21/11
to Indiantrees Pics
Dear All,
             Posting query again as I am not very sure.Earlier identified as Casearia ovata.Taken at Mulsi,Pune in May 11.Kindly validate.
thanks
regards
satish nikam
IMG_5463-r.jpg
IMG_5464-r.jpg
IMG_5480-r.JPG
IMG_5481-r.jpg
IMG_5509-r.jpg

Mahadeswara

Jul 21, 2011, 2:21:19 AM7/21/11
to efloraofindia
Casearia ovata for me. Beautiful pictures of the fruits and leaves.
>  IMG_5463-r.jpg
> 39KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5464-r.jpg
> 67KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5480-r.JPG
> 72KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5481-r.jpg
> 51KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5509-r.jpg
> 46KViewDownload

Smilax004

Jul 21, 2011, 2:54:33 AM7/21/11
to Satish Nikam, indiantreepix, Mahadeswara Swamy
Casearia ovata,I think.

According to The plant list (http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl/record/
tro-100346097) this is now a synonym of Guidonia ovata (Lam.)Baill of
Salicaceae family.

Even genus Flacourtia is in Salicaceae now. No Flacourtiaceae is
listed there!?
http://www.theplantlist.org/browse/A/

Regards,
Giby