Bignoniaceae for id 170310

Muthu Karthick

Mar 17, 2010, 3:02:01 AM3/17/10
to indiantreepix
Dear members,
I could not take good photos of this tree, as it was on distant. this Bignoniaceae member is locally (tamil) called Raam palai. Found on the slopes of dry forests closer to Karnataka; along with Hardwickia bipinnata

Is this Dolichandrone arcuata (Wight) Clarke ?

Date/Time-

13-12-2009 / 03:00 PM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-

Satyamangalam WLS; Scrub; ca. 450msl

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

Wild

Plant Habit-

Tree

Height/Length-

 Up to 8 metre

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Leaflets elliptic- 5; up to 12cm long; ca.10pairs

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

cyme;

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

orange; 2.5 - 3cm across

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

sickle shaped; 20 - 25cm long

Local Name [Tamil]

 Raam paalai

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

tanay bose

Mar 17, 2010, 7:01:22 AM3/17/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
dear Muthu Ji,
To me it also looks like Dolichandrone arcuata. still you check from the link below
Regards
tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

J.M. Garg

Apr 15, 2010, 3:42:04 AM4/15/10
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, tanay bose, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara Swamy

Earlier relevant feedback:

“To me it also looks like Dolichandrone arcuata. still you check from the link below
http://books.google.com/books?id=eo-dTjK53O8C&pg=PA359&lpg=PA359&dq=Dolichandrone+arcuata&source=bl&ots=vLzWZR4rJt&sig=5w77He_KhxYqnQ0UsLKBK_jSFJs&hl=en&ei=tLSgS6u3Aci4rAfp9sSzDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10&ved=0CCsQ6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=Dolichandrone%20arcuata&f=false
Regards
tanay”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Flower.jpg
Fruit.jpg

Satish Chile

Apr 15, 2010, 5:38:45 AM4/15/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, tanay bose, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara Swamy
Garg ji it can be Dolichandrone arcuata (Wight) Clarke. I am attaching a hebarium sheet photograph of the same plant (Leaves only). they are matching with ur photograph.
Satish
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile
h_2317_1.jpg

tanay bose

Apr 15, 2010, 9:29:42 AM4/15/10
to Satish Chile, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara Swamy
At Last I think I am right after a long time
Tanay

Muthu Karthick

Apr 15, 2010, 11:38:27 AM4/15/10
to tanay bose, Satish Chile, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara Swamy
Thank you all, for the validation.

tanay bose

Apr 15, 2010, 11:59:37 AM4/15/10
to Muthu Karthick, Satish Chile, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara Swamy
Welcome Muthu
Tanay