Fwd: ID required

Rajesh Sachdev

Sep 18, 2009, 5:08:12 AM9/18/09
to indiantreepix
resurfacing for ID
Photographed at matheran in panorama point trail on 30th June, 2009.

--
Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

Rajesh Sachdev

Sep 18, 2009, 5:30:05 AM9/18/09
to indiantreepix
reply from Dr E S Santhosh Kumar

Oct 10, 2009, 10:17:52 AM10/10/09
to indiantreepix, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Rajesh Sachdev, grassman, Rani Bhagat, Aparna Watve, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Earlier relevant feedback:

"Seems to be Fibristylis sp.
 Santhosh"
"Nice pictures- but not good enough for id of this family.
It looks like a Cyperaceae member. so sticking to my earlier opinion - further identification of this family should not be done from a photograph.
aparna"

"this has to be Juncus!!" from Dr. Pankaj.

"A wild search on the net led me nearest to Rhynchospora colorata, minus the subtending leaves with white bases; any near relative reported from the area?
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh"

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

P6300076.JPG
P6300077.JPG
P6300078.JPG
P6300079.JPG
P6300080.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 31, 2012, 2:03:15 AM5/31/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
OK, June is approaching and I shall be back in field in search of this herb.