My Wildflower Shot of 2008

JANAKI TURAGA

Dec 18, 2008, 8:21:56 AM12/18/08
to WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com, treepix Indian
Hi all,
My favourite and best wildflower shot of 2008 is the White Ground Glory Convolvulus microphyllus. This carpeted a stretch of land in Hauz Khas District Park and was trampeled upon by the walkers, oblivious to the delicate and tiny white flowers. But a closer scrutiny of this overlooked and stepped upon plant revealed its hidden glory-the white was actually a continuum of delicate pink and white shades! This picture captures for me that moment of wonder and discovery! And this beauty was set amongst the browns-of earth and decaying leaf and the green of the leaves! Such a delicate flower was literally at the feet of people! I have shared this picture earlier with the wildflower group and here it is again!
Enjoy
Janaki Turaga
whitegroundglorywflower.jpg

J.M. Garg

Dec 18, 2008, 10:53:55 AM12/18/08
to JANAKI TURAGA, treepix Indian
Hi, Janaki ji,
Certainly a moving story. I myself have come across the wild flowers in the wild areas, mountains, grasslands etc. where such lovely flowers carpet themselves before us as if welcoming us to such destinations even at the cost of being trampled by us. And sometimes, there is no way except to accept their invitation.

Mahendra Prasad

Dec 19, 2008, 3:14:54 AM12/19/08
to WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com, treepix Indian, JANAKI TURAGA
The colours have come out very nice, specially the delicate pink. However, if the central pollen region was also visible, it would have enhanced the image.

--- On Thu, 18/12/08, JANAKI TURAGA <janaki...@gmail.com> wrote:

Get perfect Email ID for your Resume. Get before others grab.

JANAKI TURAGA

Dec 19, 2008, 3:34:31 AM12/19/08
to mahendrap...@yahoo.co.in, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com, treepix Indian

Thank you for your feedback.