Holarrhena pubescens (Bitter Oleander, Connessi Bark, Kurchi Bark, Dysentery Rose Bay, Tellicherry Bark, Kuda)

J.M. Garg

Aug 5, 2009, 10:42:32 PM8/5/09
to indiantreepix
Holarrhena pubescens on12/7/09 in Narsapur forest, Medak distt., AP.
-
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Holarrhena pubescens flowers & leaves I IMG_0290.jpg
Holarrhena pubescens flowers & leaves I IMG_0293.jpg
Holarrhena pubescens I IMG_0298.jpg
Holarrhena pubescens leaves I IMG_0294.jpg

satish pardeshi

Aug 6, 2009, 5:05:13 AM8/6/09
to indiantreepix
Hello all

i wanna discuss, this plant seems more like Holarrhena pubescens but
Wanna know how it is different from Holarrhena floribunda. no
literature is available of Holarrhena floribunda from Maharashtra. can
any body help in this regards.
i have collected both Holarrhena pubescens (inflorescence is lax,
leaves without sunken veins) and Holarrhena floribunda(i feel that)
(with very dense inflorescence, leaves with very prominent and sunken
veins) from Maharashtra forest. but in the absence of good reference i
cannot make sure the other one is H. floribunda or H. pubescens.

regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Aug 6, 7:42 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Holarrhena pubescens* on12/7/09 in Narsapur forest, Medak distt., AP.
> -
> With regards,
> J.M.Garghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> Image Resource of thousands of my images of Birds, Butterflies, Flora etc.
> (arranged alphabetically & place-wise):http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
> For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Indiantreepix:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
>
>  Holarrhena pubescens flowers & leaves I IMG_0290.jpg
> 197KViewDownload
>
>  Holarrhena pubescens flowers & leaves I IMG_0293.jpg
> 225KViewDownload
>
>  Holarrhena pubescens I IMG_0298.jpg
> 245KViewDownload
>
>  Holarrhena pubescens leaves I IMG_0294.jpg
> 222KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

Aug 6, 2009, 8:09:44 AM8/6/09
to satish pardeshi, indiantreepix
Thanks, Satish ji for the feedback.
It was afternoon time & flower lobes appeared a bit curled.
Forest Flora of Hyderabad State (A.P.), gives only one species of Holarrhena as Holarrhena antidysenterica (which is a syn. of Holarrhena pubescens) with details as per link:
http://forest.ap.nic.in/Forest%20Flora%20of%20Andhra%20Pradesh/Flora%20by%20M%20Sharfuddin%20Khan/Botanical%20Names/Holarrhena%20antidysenterica.htm

2009/8/6 satish pardeshi <satishp...@gmail.com>

--
With regards,