ID of the tree

Yazdy Palia

Jun 4, 2010, 4:44:30 AM6/4/10
to indiantreepix
Hello friends,
Sending herewith pictures of leaves, front and rear with fruits.
What is the ID of this tree?
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

You have been sent 3 pictures.

DSCN2733.TIF
DSCN2734.JPG
DSCN2735.JPG

DSCN2733.jpg
DSCN2734.JPG
DSCN2735.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Jun 4, 2010, 4:56:26 AM6/4/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
... looks like Schleichera oleosa ... commonly known as: Ceylon oak, honey tree, lac tree, macassar oil tree • Gujarati: કુસુમ kusum • Hindi: कुसुम kusum, कुसुम्ब kusumb • Kannada: chakota, sagade • Konkani: कोसिंब kosimb • Malayalam: ദൂതളം duuthalam, പൂവം puuvam, പൂവണം puuvanam • Marathi: कोशिंब koshimb, कुसुंब kusumb • Sanskrit: कुसुंभ kusumbha • Tamil: கொஞ்சி konchi, கும்பாதிரி kumpatiri • Telugu: kosangi

Regards.

tanay bose

Jun 4, 2010, 7:44:49 AM6/4/10
to Dinesh Valke, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
The new leaves of this plant are bright red in colour and looks really nice and gorgeous!! But the plant seems have been infected with incest I do see leaf galls in them
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Neil Soares

Jun 4, 2010, 8:58:27 AM6/4/10
to Dinesh Valke, tanay bose, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Hi Tanay,
  Bright new red leaves for you. Also have never seen galls on this tree. [It is the food plant of the Lac insect].
                        Regards,
                          Neil.

--- On Fri, 6/4/10, tanay bose <tanay...@gmail.com> wrote:
Schleichera oleosa, Kusum.jpg

tanay bose

Jun 4, 2010, 9:01:52 AM6/4/10
to Neil Soares, Dinesh Valke, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Thanks Neil ji
This was the character I was talking about looks really fine
Tanay