(040509SCS1-2) Nephrolepis or Blecnum fern, Sonepat, Haryana ?

Suresh C. Sharma

May 3, 2009, 9:27:59 PM5/3/09
to indiantreepix
While flora-watching on 2nd May 09, I cam across this fern like plant growing under a culvert
of a canal. My ID narrows down to  Nephrolepsis or Blechnum.

Experts may please confirm or correct me.

Sonepat, Haryana, 2nd May 09.

Kind regards,
Suresh C Sharma
Nephrolepis or Blechnum fern (020509a).jpg
Nephrolepis or blechnum fern (020509b).jpg

Suresh C. Sharma

May 3, 2009, 10:51:46 PM5/3/09
to indiantreepix
Please see the link given below.

Regards,
Suresh
________

J.M. Garg

May 6, 2009, 2:58:43 AM5/6/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for Id pl.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Nephrolepis or Blechnum fern (020509a).jpg
Nephrolepis or blechnum fern (020509b).jpg

Madhuri Pejaver

May 6, 2009, 4:37:31 AM5/6/09
to indiantreepix, J.M. Garg

the name Nephrolepis has come with kidney shape sorii. hence we have to see the backside rather ventralside of the leaf.
Nephrolepis has an auricle at the base ot the leaflet on the upper margin, which is not seen in the photoit has wavy margin which also does not match
i donot know about the other fern
madhuri

--- On Wed, 6/5/09, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter http://beta.cricket.yahoo.com

J.M. Garg

May 8, 2009, 7:48:46 AM5/8/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for Id pl.

Nephrolepis or Blechnum fern (020509a).jpg
Nephrolepis or blechnum fern (020509b).jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 9, 2009, 11:47:18 AM10/9/09
to indiantreepix, Suresh C. Sharma, Madhuri Pejaver, Vijayadas D

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Earlier relevant feedback:

"Please see the link given below.
http://www.thebegavalley.org.au/uploads/tx_steverplantgallery/Blechnum_minus_02_small%20water%20fern.jpgIt looks like  Blechnum minor(Small Water Fern).
Regards,
Suresh"

"the name Nephrolepis has come with kidney shape sorii. hence we have to see the backside rather ventralside of the leaf.
Nephrolepis has an auricle at the base ot the leaflet on the upper margin, which is not seen in the photoit has wavy margin which also does not match
i donot know about the other fern
madhuri"

"Mathuri ji and Garg ji,
Will forward the images of the backside in a few days.
But, this seems to be quite a common plant around water channels, at least in Haryana.
Kind regs,
Suresh"

Nephrolepis or Blechnum fern (020509a).jpg
Nephrolepis or blechnum fern (020509b).jpg

Vijayadas D

Oct 10, 2009, 12:29:06 AM10/10/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Suresh C. Sharma, Madhuri Pejaver
Dear,

It is Blechnum orientale.

--
VijayadasD
Horticulturalist / Estates Supervisor Deputy

Ferns are funniest plants..............!!!!!

Suresh C. Sharma

Oct 12, 2009, 10:45:47 AM10/12/09
to Vijayadas D, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Madhuri Pejaver
Thank you so much.
Regs,
Suresh

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Oct 12, 2009, 12:28:47 PM10/12/09
to indiantreepix
I dont think this is Blechnum, but cant confirm. Cause I have seen
Blechnum. This is one of the most common fern in the wetlands and we
dont know its name :(
Secondly Nephrolepis means KIDNEY SHAPED SCALES and not SORI !!

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Oct 14, 2009, 3:11:43 PM10/14/09
to indiantreepix
This could be
Thelypteris prolifera (Syn: Goniopteris prolifera)

Vijayadas D

Oct 15, 2009, 1:26:08 AM10/15/09
to Dr. Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Dear all,
   From primary appearance ,I were identified that as Blechnum orientale. But  Dr.Pankajkumar raised doubt .Now I also have strong doubt.

I requested to the author of this fern to send fotos of Leaf showing soral arrangement  and close pictures , if possible  a single plant  to show whether it is creeping or erect . I am waiting for his reply.
So that I can  identify this perfectly.

 Any way , my identification  is will be in suspension  until that.