Gloriosa superba - Changing stages 1

Neil Soares

Aug 18, 2009, 6:55:25 AM8/18/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  Photographed at my farm at Shahapur over the long weekend holidays.
                          With regards,
                            Neil Soares.

Gloriosa superba 1a.jpg
Gloriosa superba 1b.jpg
Gloriosa superba 1c.jpg
Gloriosa superba 1d.jpg

shubhada nikharge

Aug 18, 2009, 7:11:37 AM8/18/09
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil,
beautiful. lucky u r!
cheers,
shubhada

Aug 18, 2009, 7:30:32 AM8/18/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Wisely Dr.Neil Soares has cultivated them on his farm. These will be the only places where this glorious flower will be found growing safely from avaricious collectors. In the two monsoon seasons that I have been looking at wild flowers in Sanjay Gandhi National Park I have not seen this flower. I do recall that they were a couple of spots just off the tar road between Tulsi Lake and Goregaon entrance (now closed) that the Gloriosa superba was seen regularly. With this road closed now it will be difficult to recall the exact spots.

Cheers,
Kiran Srivastava
Mumbai

Rajesh Sachdev

Aug 18, 2009, 7:35:25 AM8/18/09
to indiantreepix
Mr. Srivastav, Just last year I saw the plant outside the CEC , on the
road to Pongam valley, SGNP.
--
Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

Neil Soares

Aug 18, 2009, 8:56:53 AM8/18/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, kiran srivastava
Hi kiran,
  They are not planted. They are growing wild. Please wait for a few more weeks I may have some interesting photographs to share with you.
                       Regards,
                         Neil.

rashida atthar

Aug 18, 2009, 3:07:32 PM8/18/09
to drneil...@yahoo.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for posting these beautiful pics Neil. The flowers are of course beautiful, but the leaves and tendrils too appear like forming a musical note, or an embroidery pattern !

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 03:55:25 -0700
From: drneil...@yahoo.com