Colocasia fallax in FOI

J.M. Garg

May 2, 2021, 1:01:35 PM5/2/21
to Tabish, efloraofindia, Thingnam Girija
Hi, Tabish ji,
I have doubts about images of Colocasia fallax in FOI. It may be  Colocasia esculenta (L.) Schott as per images and details herein.
Pl. see correct images at Colocasia fallax Schott
Pl. correct.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Manjunath b manju

May 2, 2021, 8:45:21 PM5/2/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Gastrochilus acaulis.
chikmagalur. karnataka...

20210501_134035.jpg
20210501_123604.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 8, 2021, 10:53:30 AM5/8/21
On Sun, 2 May 2021 at 22:31, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tabish

May 9, 2021, 7:57:50 AM5/9/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji,
  I have been looking at it. It is a known plant in Manipur, and is locally known to be different from Colocasia esculenta. Its botanical identity, however, is to be clearly settled.
   Tabish

J.M. Garg

May 9, 2021, 8:16:24 AM5/9/21
to efloraofindia, Tabish
I think more close to images at Xanthosoma sagittifolium

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tabish

May 9, 2021, 10:56:53 AM5/9/21
to efloraofindia
No Garg ji, look at the sinus of the leaves.
   Tabish