ID Please

1 view

rohit chakravarty

Mar 17, 2009, 2:01:48 AM3/17/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
            Found this plant growing in a short stream near Telangkhedi Lake, Nagpur. Is it a fern, by any chance? Please help me with the id.

Regards,
For ID.JPG

J.M. Garg

Mar 17, 2009, 10:57:54 PM3/17/09
to rohit chakravarty, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Rohit ji,
To me it appears like a merigold plant (Gainda), which we used to grow in our houses. See the links: http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/how-to-draw-flowers-and-plants-84.jpg (a drawing), http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic-art/365165/113819/French-marigold (a pix).

Yazdy Palia

Mar 18, 2009, 2:53:00 PM3/18/09
to J.M. Garg, rohit chakravarty, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Friends,
At first sight I thought it was Marigold too. However, there is some
difference. The leaves are not serrated. According to me the leaves of
Marigold should have serrations at the edge. This must be something
else.
However, I am not sure. At first sight I thought it was Marigold.
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

Yazdy Palia

Mar 18, 2009, 2:54:33 PM3/18/09
On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 12:23 AM, Yazdy Palia <yazdy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Friends,
> At first sight I thought it was Marigold too. However, there is some
> difference. The leaves are not serrated. According to me the leaves of
> Marigold should have serrations at the edge. This must be something
> else.
> However, I am not sure. At first sight I thought it was Marigold.
> Regards
> Yazdy Palia.
My appologies, it does have serrations.