Parul

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Jun 18, 2009, 4:34:11 AM6/18/09
to indiantreepix, Dinesh Valke
Some member wanted to know what Parul flower is. Flowers o f India search engine thres 2 results. One is garlic vine, Adenocaymma alliaceum पारुल. The other is Yellow snake tree Bignonia colais पारुल. First is introduced creeper, and the second is native.
I would go for the native tree. The song saat bhai champa is famous. I dont know its wordings Whether they refer to a creeper or a tree for Parul.
Dinesh Valke has taken both the pictures. Probably he can throw some light on this.
akbhatt

--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

Dinesh Valke

Jun 18, 2009, 10:55:29 AM6/18/09
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
... BUT not both photos are mine ... Adenocalymma alliaceum is Thingnam Girija's photo.
I am poor at songs :D ... apologies, Bhatt ji.

Regards.