Tamarix ramosissima in FOI

J.M. Garg

Nov 8, 2020, 3:31:12 AM11/8/20
to efloraofindia, Tabish
Neither POWO nor Catalogue of Life give any distibution of Tamarix ramosissima Ledeb. in India (also in BSI Flora of India as per details at Tamarix‎).
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Nov 8, 2020, 3:35:32 AM11/8/20
to efloraofindia, Tabish, Prashant awale
Prashant ji's image has been identified as Myricaria squamosa
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 8, 2020, 7:03:40 AM11/8/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Tabish
Garg ji, the second image in FOI by Prashant ji is what we have in our database as Myricaria squamosa (earlier as M. germanica). Needs to be checked.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Mob: 9810359089

Tabish

Nov 8, 2020, 9:02:37 AM11/8/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji,
   Indeed, it is not listed in India, although the distribution map (if accurate) in POWO, shows its distribution bordering Ladakh. Ladakh checklist by L. Klimeš and B. Dickoré mentions Tamarix ramosissima in Ladakh. I don't know how updated it is.
    Tabish
www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers

J.M. Garg

Nov 8, 2020, 9:27:28 AM11/8/20
to Tabish, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Prashant awale
I think Ladakh checklist by L. Klimeš and B. Dickoré was published in 2009 as per

I think it should be more reliable as far as Ladakh Flora is concerned. BSI Flora of India may have been published much earlier.
Images in POWO seem to match.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tabish

Nov 8, 2020, 10:20:32 AM11/8/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Prashant awale
I could not find the published version of Klimes & Dickore's list, but the attached paper explores the Flora of Nubra valley, and lists Tamarix ramosissima. Nubra valley is where we found it.
   Tabish
www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers

Nubra valley flora.pdf

J.M. Garg

Nov 8, 2020, 11:10:51 AM11/8/20
to Tabish, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Prashant awale
Thanks, Tabish ji.
As they have put it on the web as per https://www.butbn.cas.cz/klimes/desert.html, it should be as good as published.
Recently Flora of Ladakh: An Annotated Inventory of Flowering Plants by Achuta Nand Shukla & S. K. Srivastava was published in Feb.2020.
But I do not know how to get access other than buying.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tabish

Nov 8, 2020, 1:21:02 PM11/8/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Prashant awale
Here it is for you.
 Tabish
www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers

Flora of Ladakh - Shukla.pdf

J.M. Garg

Nov 8, 2020, 9:06:32 PM11/8/20
to Tabish, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Prashant awale
Thanks, Tabish ji.
It only mentions T.dioca and T.indica.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Nov 10, 2020, 1:47:33 AM11/10/20
to Tabish, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Prashant awale
Hi, Tabish ji,
In view of the confusion, what to take as final id ?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tabish

Nov 10, 2020, 8:25:55 AM11/10/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Prashant awale
I think we can assume it as Tamarix ramosissima for now, as the Ladakh checklist by L. Klimeš and B. Dickoré lists it, and also the paper BULL. BOT. SURV. INDIA, Vol. 42, Nos. 1-4 : pp. 81-90, 2000, lists Tamarix ramosissima in the plants of Nubra Valley. Moreover the images seem to agree with those of Tamarix ramosissima at POWO, as Garg ji pointed out.
   Tabish
www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers

J.M. Garg

Nov 10, 2020, 8:30:25 AM11/10/20
to Tabish, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Prashant awale
Thanks, Tabish ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Nov 12, 2020, 12:32:36 AM11/12/20
to efloraofindia, Tabish, Prashant awale, GurcharanSingh
Prashant ji's image has been confirmed as Tamarix ramosissima Ledeb. by Miroslav ji.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tabish

Nov 12, 2020, 5:01:09 AM11/12/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Prashant awale, GurcharanSingh
Good to hear that!
Tabish

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 12, 2020, 6:22:32 AM11/12/20
to Tabish, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Prashant awale
Thanks Garg ji for update