Solanaceae week: 06042011 RD,Solanum surattense??

raju das

Apr 6, 2011, 5:21:37 AM4/6/11
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

Please validate the ID. Is it Solanum surattense??

Perennial simple, prickly herb, common along roadside and railway track. Grows close to ground.Leaves ovate or elliptic

--
Raju Das
Nature's Foster

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 6, 2011, 7:18:57 AM4/6/11
to raju das, indiantreepix
Dear friends
There was an interesting thread in January 2010. I hope we are seeing the same plant. Your comments please:

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Apr 6, 2011, 8:32:47 AM4/6/11
to Gurcharan Singh, raju das, indiantreepix
I think this is the same plant Sir ji
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Vijayasankar

Apr 6, 2011, 10:48:03 AM4/6/11
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, raju das, indiantreepix
This is Solanum sisymbriifolium if i am not wrong.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 6, 2011, 10:53:08 AM4/6/11
to Vijayasankar, tanay bose, raju das, indiantreepix
Yes Vijayasankar ji
You are right. Herb, deeply pinnately lobed leaves, white flowers and densely prickly calyx all go with S. sisymbriifolium.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Vijayasankar

Apr 6, 2011, 10:58:25 AM4/6/11
to Gurcharan Singh, raju das, indiantreepix
Thanks Gurcharan ji, for validating the id.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi