Tamarix aphylla (L.) H. Karst. from Panipat- NS November 2020-01

Nidhan Singh

Nov 9, 2020, 12:36:16 AM11/9/20
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

Seeing the discussion on Tamarix on this forum recently, I think our page on Tamarix aphylla needs to be checked..
I am hereby submitting a few images of what I think is correct T. aphylla...
The images were recorded from different locations around Panipat..
I think this page needs to be created on FOI also..
Please enlighten me, if required..
I will come up with the other Tamarix species in my database for correct identification..

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Associate Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227
Tamarix aphylla (L.) H. Karst (7).JPG
Tamarix aphylla (L.) H. Karst (3).JPG
Tamarix aphylla (L.) H. Karst (4).JPG
Tamarix aphylla (L.) H. Karst (5).JPG

Nidhan Singh

Nov 9, 2020, 12:37:19 AM11/9/20
to indiantreepix
Few more pics of flowers of the same....
Tamarix aphylla (L.) H. Karst (1).JPG
Tamarix aphylla (L.) H. Karst (8).JPG
Tamarix aphylla (L.) H. Karst (9).JPG
Tamarix aphylla (L.) H. Karst (2).JPG
Tamarix aphylla (L.) H. Karst (6).JPG

J.M. Garg

Nov 10, 2020, 3:37:53 AM11/10/20
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Tabish, GurcharanSingh
Thanks, Nidhan ji, for the beautiful images.
Do you have the keys of these species ?
Can you show characters which may be different (particularly close up of leaves) from T. dioica and T. indica ?

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Tamarix aphylla (L.) H. Karst (7).JPG
Tamarix aphylla (L.) H. Karst (3).JPG
Tamarix aphylla (L.) H. Karst (4).JPG
Tamarix aphylla (L.) H. Karst (5).JPG

Nidhan Singh

Nov 10, 2020, 6:21:46 AM11/10/20
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Tabish, GurcharanSingh
Sure Garg Ji,

I will try to find out the comparative leaf pics of two species we have here..
And key too...

Tabish

Nov 10, 2020, 8:49:14 AM11/10/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, GurcharanSingh
I think Nidhan ji got it right! I had long wanted to see Tamarix aphylla. Looking carefully at the nature of the inflorescence, one can distinguish it from Tamarix dioica. Also the flowers are more densely packed in Tamarix dioica. I am attaching a picture of what I think is Tamarix dioica, from Delhi.
   Tabish
www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers

h146.jpg

Nidhan Singh

Nov 10, 2020, 11:07:32 AM11/10/20
to Tabish, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, GurcharanSingh
Thanks Tabish Ji,

I will share mine pics tomorrow, of the other species, though there are confusions to be cleared..