Request for ID HP 1

Nudrat Sayed

Oct 21, 2009, 3:14:56 AM10/21/09
to indiantreepix
Hello,

This particular delicate plant was seen at around 2500 meters in the Dhauladhar Mountains at Dharmshala HP. The flowers were approximately 1 cm across, the inflorescence was about 8 inches. Please help me with the identification.

Thanks in Advance

--
Regards
Dr. Sayed Nudrat Zawar

Tabish

Oct 21, 2009, 4:14:49 AM10/21/09
to indiantreepix
Looks like Hairy Agrimony (Agrimonia pilosa)
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Hairy%20Agrimony.html
It is found in the Himalayas at altitudes of 1000-3000 m. Flowering:
June-September.
Cheers!
- Tabish
>  Triund Flora (26).jpg
> 79KViewDownload
>
>  Triund Flora (27).jpg
> 112KViewDownload
>
>  Triund Flora (28).jpg
> 216KViewDownload

Dr. G. S. Rawat

Oct 21, 2009, 7:39:47 AM10/21/09
to indiantreepix
Yes, it is Agrimonia pilosa. Many of us need to improve our skills in
plant photography. For such species one picture of habit and one close
up of single flower would be nice...

Keep hunting more plants....

G S Rawat
---

Satish Phadke

Oct 21, 2009, 10:11:11 AM10/21/09
to Dr. G. S. Rawat, indiantreepix
Thanks Rawat ji
For the important feedback about photography. of plants/flower for ID
Earlier suggestions to name a few....
1) Garden or wild
2) Phyllotaxy or leaf details
3) Fruit when possible
4)Sideview of the flower showing bracts epicalyx etc.
5) Size indication
Satish Phadke

2009/10/21 Dr. G. S. Rawat <gsra...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Dr. G. S. Rawat

Oct 22, 2009, 7:10:10 AM10/22/09
to indiantreepix
Thanks, Satish. These are quite valuable tips. Showing maximum
characters in minimum number of pictures without compromising on the
aesthetics should be the strategy. Some leaves have different colour
and texture underneath which could be captured. Ultimately, each
plant photo (in the large database) should carry an arrow mark on the
id point...Cheers --- Rawat GS.