419 ID wild tree

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 13, 2023, 12:09:09 AM2/13/23
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild tree, with regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram, Thodupuzha, Idukki Dist., Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 11FEB2023, 02.20pm

Habitat: wild moisture, rocky misty shady hill, wind

Plant habit: small tree, erect branches, hard woody cylindrical stem 08cm base diameter, rough brown bark

Height: 03.5 meters

Leaves: alternate, elliptic, acute, simple smooth glossy, purplish sprouts, size upto:06×3cm

Flower: axillary buds, 05 sepals, 05 petals, diameter:08mm, white, non fragrant

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20230211142035_IMG_7556_resized.JPG
20230211142119_IMG_7561.JPG
20230211142014_IMG_7554.JPG
20230211142516_IMG_7566.JPG
20230211142035_IMG_7556.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 13, 2023, 12:12:30 AM2/13/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images.
20230211142251_IMG_7563.JPG
20230211143220_IMG_7571.JPG
20230211142911_IMG_7570.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 13, 2023, 12:14:16 AM2/13/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images.
20230211143317_IMG_7572.JPG
20230211142647_IMG_7569.JPG
20230211142546_IMG_7567.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 13, 2023, 12:15:55 AM2/13/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images.

20230211143419_IMG_7574.JPG
20230211143625_IMG_7576.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 13, 2023, 12:18:09 AM2/13/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images.
20230211143701_IMG_7578.JPG
20230211143641_IMG_7577.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 13, 2023, 12:19:36 AM2/13/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image.

20230211143754_IMG_7580.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 13, 2023, 4:06:53 AM2/13/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Ilex wightiana Wall. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 13, 2023, 4:56:53 AM2/13/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Saroj ji,
Thank you for ID suggestion.  I think the genus is Ilex, leaves are very close but the efi image shows umbel inflorescence and flowers and bulbs are different at Indiabiodiversity, please find screenshots, with kind regards, Sam.
Screenshot_20230213-151135_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230213-150926_Chrome.jpg

J.M. Garg

Feb 14, 2023, 4:06:59 AM2/14/23
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 14, 2023, 11:33:47 AM2/14/23
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Yes, it is Erythroxylum monogynum, dear Garg ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.