3 pictures of Asoke

sibdas ghosh

Mar 24, 2009, 12:56:01 PM3/24/09
to indiantreepix
I think all of them are Saraca indica- Prantik, 17.03.09
100_1012.JPG
100_1013.JPG
100_1026.JPG

J.M. Garg

Mar 24, 2009, 11:09:22 PM3/24/09
to sibdas ghosh, indiantreepix
Hi, Sibdas ji,
Is the third picture from a different tree? If so, looks like a Brownea species (?) as pictures of its flowers are not clear.

2009/3/24 sibdas ghosh <sibda...@gmail.com>
I think all of them are Saraca indica- Prantik, 17.03.09

sibdas ghosh

Mar 25, 2009, 1:46:59 AM3/25/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
About the third plant I was also in doubt, it is still in almost sapling stage.  you are right, it belongs to Bownea , the mountain rose. perhaps B. coccinea

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sibdas Ghosh

Nudrat

Mar 25, 2009, 3:29:03 AM3/25/09
to indiantreepix
Hello
The third picture is Brownea coccinea

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownea_coccinea -