Malvaviscus arboreus

Devendra Bhardwaj

May 21, 2009, 9:45:02 AM5/21/09
to indiantreepix

Hello,

plants from Smiriti van.it is a ornamental plant.

B.Name- Malvaviscus arboreus

Place-Smiriti van,Jaipur

Photo Taken-8/3/2009

With Regard

Devendra Bhardwaj

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!
Malvaviscus arboreus.jpg

Farida Abraham

May 21, 2009, 10:25:13 AM5/21/09
to Devendra Bhardwaj, indiantreepix
looks like what as children we called shoe flowers - because when rubbed on yur balck school shoes it gave an instant shine. I have recently heard it being called chilli hibiscus. FA

Dinesh Valke

May 21, 2009, 10:45:28 AM5/21/09
to Farida Abraham, Devendra Bhardwaj, indiantreepix
Devendra ji,
... I am aware that this flower never "blooms", but I never paid any attention to how it looks while in budding stage.
Is that a bud in your photo ? I ask because I do not see the usual sight of style and stigma.
Regards.

Farida ji, just you put "recently heard" I too heard one of my Marathi friend calling it simply mirchi !!
Regards.

... mirchi, in Hindi and Marathi, meaning chili (OR chilli) pepper.

Devendra Bhardwaj

May 21, 2009, 12:23:41 PM5/21/09
to Farida Abraham, indiantreepix
You are right .You can say Mirchi hibiscus.

Devendra Bhardwaj

May 21, 2009, 12:45:06 PM5/21/09
to purnim...@priyaentertainments.com, indiantreepix
Thanks

From: purnim...@priyaentertainments.com <purnim...@priyaentertainments.com>
To: "Devendra Bhardwaj" <devendra...@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, 21 May, 2009, 10:01 PM

hibuscus

Quoting Devendra Bhardwaj <devendra...@yahoo.com>:

> Hello,
> plants from Smiriti van.it is a ornamental plant.
> B.Name- Malvaviscus arboreus
> Place-Smiriti van,Jaipur
> Photo Taken-8/3/2009
> With Regard
> Devendra Bhardwaj
>

>       Bollywood news, movie reviews, film trailers and more! Go to  http://in.movies.yahoo.com/

Bollywood news, movie reviews, film trailers and more! Click here.

Sushmita Jha

May 21, 2009, 1:38:07 PM5/21/09
to Devendra Bhardwaj, Farida Abraham, indiantreepix
Hello all,
In Bengali, this is called 'Lonka Joba', meaning chillie hibiscus. I have never seen this bloom - the flowers remain like buds!
Sushmita
P.S. The MTNL strike put me out of action and on forced maun vrat for 5 days

formp...@yahoo.com

May 21, 2009, 2:31:05 PM5/21/09
to Sushmita Jha, indian...@googlegroups.com, Devendra Bhardwaj, Farida Abraham
Somebody had written we can call this as mirchi hibiscus in Marathi.
In Marathi it has a nice name Muki Jaswand. Muki means the one which does not open.
Some body also has called it shoeflower, that's the common English name for Hibiscus.

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Sushmita Jha
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 23:08:07 +0530
To: Devendra Bhardwaj<devendra...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [indiantreepix:12394] Re: Malvaviscus arboreus

Devendra Bhardwaj

May 21, 2009, 9:05:08 PM5/21/09
to Sushmita Jha, indian...@googlegroups.com, formp...@yahoo.com, Farida Abraham
Hello all,
     In Rajasthan call Mirchi Gudhal .Thanks to all for view sharing.
Regard
 Devendra Bhardwaj

Devendra Bhardwaj

May 21, 2009, 9:10:42 PM5/21/09
to Sushmita Jha, indiantreepix

Devendra Bhardwaj

May 21, 2009, 9:10:24 PM5/21/09
to Sushmita Jha, indiantreepix
Hello   In Rajasthan call Mirchi Gudhal .Thanks to all for view sharing.
Regard
 Devendra Bhardwaj

Pravin Kawale

May 22, 2009, 3:00:30 AM5/22/09
to Devendra Bhardwaj, Sushmita Jha, indiantreepix
Hi,
Common Eng.name is
Sleeping beauty
Thanks

--
Pravin

Devendra Bhardwaj

May 22, 2009, 7:11:04 AM5/22/09
to Pravin Kawale, Sushmita Jha, indiantreepix
Thanks Pravin ji
Regard
Devendra Bhardwaj

JM Garg

Dec 24, 2017, 2:07:40 AM12/24/17
to efloraofindia, Devendra Bhardwaj, DineshValke
Malvaviscus arboreus.jpg