BLUE from Uttarakhand(UK)INDIA Greetings on Ramzan Id & Shri Ganesh Festival

Skip to the first unread message

Geeta Rane

10-Sep-2010, 1:03:50 am10/09/10
to efloraofindia, Adittya Dharap, J.M. Garg
It was pleasant find on the trail from Ghangaria to Shri Hemkund Sahib, 23rd August,2010.
It was difficult to manage with camera because of bad visibility, due to Fog & moisture in the climate
Would appreciate the comments, if any
Thanks With Prayers
geeta rane
Mumbai
VOF 406.jpg

J.M. Garg

10-Sep-2010, 1:20:47 am10/09/10
to Geeta Rane, efloraofindia, Adittya Dharap
Thanks, Geeta ji,
I hope you had a wonderful trip to the valley of flowers.
Mine was really good with wonderful capture of around 150 species of flowers, 60 species of birds, around 25 species of fungi, around 25 species of butterflies etc. alongwith wonderful landscapes.
I have to manage a lot of pictures with the help of an umbrella & Raincoat.
But unable to process & post due to paucity of time.
Pl. post your pictures from there if you find time.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Pankaj Kumar

10-Sep-2010, 3:29:59 am10/09/10
to J.M. Garg, Geeta Rane, efloraofindia, Adittya Dharap
Nice experience and in my trip to VoF and Hemkunt I got many orchids,
including 3 species of Cypripedium and many others. I was allowed to
go on the other side of the hemkund lake and found some interesting
plants on that side too.
Its a great place for botanical exploration.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology