Plant for ID : 021011 : AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 2, 2011, 2:01:47 AM10/2/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose
A garden plant, taken at one of the gardens at Pahalgam, Kashmir.....which is about 2740 metres above sea level.
There were no flowers when the picture was taken on 6th Sept,11.
Aarti
DSC_0502.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 2, 2011, 3:01:13 AM10/2/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, tanay bose
Cynara cardunculus

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 2, 2011, 3:33:42 AM10/2/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji,
Thanks once again....it is always better to get the correct id from
experts although the same was in my mind after going thro' all your
Kashmir flora.
Aarti

On Oct 2, 11:01 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cynara cardunculus
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

Ushadi micromini

Oct 2, 2011, 1:49:17 PM10/2/11
to efloraofindia
Artichoke .... an edible flower bud... my favorite vegetable... need
some finesse n cooking, sauce making and eating... but yummy...
and very rich in potassium...

Can horticulturists in india develop it for vegtable production, since
it can grow in Kashmir?
Usha di
=========

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 19, 2011, 2:35:08 AM10/19/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Sir ji,
Is this the same identified by you as Cynara cardunculus from Pahalgam?
This picture was taken at Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka in Nov,2010.
Regards,
Aarti

Oct 19, 2011, 3:52:59 AM10/19/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Yes Aarti ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 19, 2011, 5:45:54 AM10/19/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks Sir ji for the validation.
Regards,
Aarti

On Oct 19, 11:52 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes Aarti ji
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Aarti S. Khale <aarti.kh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Sir ji,
> > Is this the same identified by you as Cynara cardunculus from Pahalgam?
> > This picture was taken at Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka in Nov,2010.
> > Regards,
> > Aarti

J.M. Garg

May 11, 2016, 2:58:08 AM5/11/16
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale
Cynara cardunculus L. subsp. flavescens Wiklund as per another thread by Singh ji.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

DSC_0502.JPG