Cirsium wallichii/verutum from near Udhampore J & K-GS03012022-6

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 3, 2022, 2:40:53 AM1/3/22
to efloraofindia
This population from near Udhampore, J & K, alt. 1500 m, which looks similar to both C. wallichii and C. verutum, but involucre bracts are gradually narrowed into spine, lacking scarious tips, more greener like C. verutum, though heads are whiter. Please see bracts of this specimen C. verutum which looks more typical

Cirsium verutum (D.Don) Spreng. by Phuentsho on 1 July 2013 (biodiversity.bt)

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Cirsium-Udhampur-DSC00550.jpg
Cirsium-Udhampur-DSC00548.jpg
Cirsium-Udhampur-DSC00547.jpg
Cirsium-Udhampur-DSC00551.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 3, 2022, 2:43:00 AM1/3/22
to efloraofindia
More images

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Cirsium-Udhampur-DSC00553.jpg
Cirsium-Udhampur-P1090482.jpg
Cirsium-Udhampur-P1090481.jpg
Cirsium-Udhampur-DSC00555.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 3, 2022, 3:36:09 AM1/3/22
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
I think C. wallichii in view of my analysis at Confusion between Circium argyracanthum and C. verutum

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 4, 2022, 12:51:37 AM1/4/22