Id of a herb from Bilaspur

Bala Subramaniam

Apr 17, 2022, 12:07:28 AM4/17/22
to indiantreepix
Dear All,
Request for id of a carpet forming herb from Bilaspur. Photographed in April 2022.
Warm regards
Dr. B. Subramaniam
20220417_082416.jpg

Bala Subramaniam

Apr 17, 2022, 12:08:39 AM4/17/22
to indiantreepix
Another image of the plant.
20220417_082453.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 17, 2022, 9:36:49 AM4/17/22
to efloraindia, Bala Subramaniam, J.M. Garg
Please check Acanthaceae !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 17, 2022, 9:44:16 AM4/17/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Bala Subramaniam
Or Polygonaceae?

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Bala Subramaniam

Apr 17, 2022, 10:01:38 AM4/17/22
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Thanks Saroj ji and Garg ji.
Warm regards,
Dr. B. Subramaniam

J.M. Garg

Apr 21, 2022, 3:19:32 AM4/21/22
to efloraofindia, balasubra...@gmail.com, Saroj Kasaju
This may be some Polygonum species as per earlier discussions at Polygonum species?- Ambazari lake, Nagpur, Maharashtra
May be Ritesh ji takes a fresh look or suggest something else.

20220417_082416.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 21, 2022, 3:19:55 AM4/21/22
to efloraofindia, balasubra...@gmail.com, Saroj Kasaju
This may be some Polygonum species as per earlier discussions at Polygonum species?- Ambazari lake, Nagpur, Maharashtra
May be Ritesh ji takes a fresh look or suggest something else.

Apr 21, 2022, 5:59:33 AM4/21/22
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, balasubra...@gmail.com
Thanks, Lalithamba ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Apr 21, 2022, 7:09:17 AM4/21/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Thanks a lot Garg ji and Lalithamba ji.
Warm regards,
Dr. B. Subramaniam

J.M. Garg

Apr 22, 2022, 2:00:23 AM4/22/22
to efloraofindia, balasubra...@gmail.com, Saroj Kasaju
This is Rotala L. since there are no detailed morphological literature with me of the species this should be Rotala illecebroides Koehne most common in Nagpur.

Kind regards,
Varun
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Bala Subramaniam

Apr 22, 2022, 4:08:00 AM4/22/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thank you very much Garg ji for identifying the plant. It was really a puzzle. Thanks again.
Warm regards,
Dr. B. Subramaniam

Bala Subramaniam

Apr 23, 2022, 4:25:02 AM4/23/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Garg ji,
I have been able to get clearer close up image of the plant which may perhaps help in confirming the identity.
Warm regards,
Dr. B. Subramaniam
20220423_104224.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 23, 2022, 4:36:55 AM4/23/22
to Bala Subramaniam, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Bala ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 23, 2022, 6:51:10 AM4/23/22
to J.M. Garg, Bala Subramaniam, efloraofindia
Polygonum plebeium R. Br.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Bala Subramaniam

Apr 23, 2022, 9:08:17 AM4/23/22
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Saroj ji and Garg ji.
Warm regards,
Dr. B. Subramaniam

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 23, 2022, 9:22:48 AM4/23/22
to Bala Subramaniam, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
OK Bala Ji !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 23, 2022, 10:36:51 AM4/23/22
to Saroj Kasaju, Bala Subramaniam, efloraofindia
No

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 23, 2022, 12:32:23 PM4/23/22
to J.M. Garg, Bala Subramaniam, efloraofindia
Polygonum paronychioides C.A.Mey. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 23, 2022, 12:34:30 PM4/23/22
to Saroj Kasaju, Bala Subramaniam, efloraofindia
No.
I have to check the following suggestion:
This is Rotala L. since there are no detailed morphological literature with me of the species this should be Rotala illecebroides Koehne most common in Nagpur.
Kind regards,
Varun
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Bala Subramaniam

Apr 23, 2022, 12:44:05 PM4/23/22
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Saroj ji, Varun ji and Garg ji.
Warm regards
Dr. B. Subramaniam

J.M. Garg

Apr 29, 2022, 3:06:12 AM4/29/22
to efloraofindia, balasubra...@gmail.com, Saroj Kasaju

To me looks different from Rotala illecebroides as per POWO specimen and GBIF Specimens- one
I tried checking all the species of Rotala listed in Flora of Peninsular India, but could not go close to the posted plant.
Still remains a mystery plant.

Apr 29, 2022, 3:06:36 AM4/29/22
to efloraofindia, balasubra...@gmail.com, Saroj Kasaju
Apr 29, 2022, 12:21:14 PM4/29/22
to efloraofindia, balasubra...@gmail.com, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Thomas ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

May 11, 2022, 9:09:34 AM5/11/22
to eFloraofIndia
These flowers are pentamerous. Rotala indica has 4 petals.

Regards
Radha

J.M. Garg

May 14, 2022, 3:53:00 AM5/14/22
to efloraofindia, radha veach
Thanks, Thomas ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

May 14, 2022, 10:44:07 PM5/14/22
to eFloraofIndia
The flowers are not consistent with Lythraceae.
Please see the many morphological variations of Polygonum plebeium in eflora. One earlier post stands out as being very similar to this one:
I think this plant is Polygonum plebeium as Saroj ji has suggested.

regards
Radha

J.M. Garg

May 15, 2022, 12:43:10 AM5/15/22
to efloraofindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Prashant awale, radha...@gmail.com
Thanks, Radha ji.
But Ritesh ji, who is an Expert on Polygonaceae, do not think so.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

radha veach

May 16, 2022, 12:25:33 PM5/16/22
to eFloraofIndia
Garg ji, I could not find comments from Dr Ritesh in this post.

I wonder if the additional close up photo sent by Dr Subramaniam has been seen by all members as it doesn't appear at the beginning.
Sending a link:

J.M. Garg

May 20, 2022, 6:29:36 AM5/20/22
to efloraofindia, radha veach, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Prashant awale, balasubra...@gmail.com, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Radha ji.
To me also it appears close to images at Polygonum plebeium, which is a very variable species.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

May 20, 2022, 6:55:56 AM5/20/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, radha veach, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Prashant awale, Bala Subramaniam
Finally! Thank you Radha ji and Mr. Garg for validating my guess.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju