Mimusops elengi

Pravin Kawale

Apr 2, 2010, 1:06:00 PM4/2/10
to efloraofindia
Hi,
Flowers of Mimusops elengi
Local Names : Bakul, valesar
Large evergreen tree
fragrant flowers
Today at kanakeshwar,Alibag
Regards

DSC03762.JPG
DSC03761.JPG

DSC03762.JPG
DSC03761.JPG

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Apr 3, 2010, 2:02:50 AM4/3/10
to Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
A slow growing tree, favourite of Rabindranath Tagore. Found in old buildings and structures, Once I saw a gardener planting a sapling in the Parliament House. My alma mater (Allahabad University) had quite a few. Hope fully they should still be there.
ak
ak

Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road
Gwalior. 474 005.
Tele: 0751-247 2233. Mobile 0 94253 09780.
My blogsite is at:
http://anandkbhatt.blogspot.com
(A new blogs has been added on 1 April and 11 March 10.)
And the photo site:
www.flickr.com/photos/akbhatt/
Ten most  common surnames of Indians: Singh, Kumar, Sharma, Patel, Shah, Lal, Gupta, Bhat, Rao, Reddy. Cheers!