BALSAMINACEAE: ID: Prejith004. Please Identify this one.

Prejith Sampath

Oct 18, 2011, 11:10:41 PM10/18/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends,

This was found growing on the roadsides at 800 msl in South Wynad.

Regards,
Prejith.
IMG_0129.jpg
IMG_0125.jpg

Mayur Nandikar

Oct 19, 2011, 1:31:55 AM10/19/11
to Prejith Sampath, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello Prejith ji,

I cant conclude its identity very confidently but I can say this may be Impatiens from section Oppositifoliae, coz leaves are opposite. Now for the species It may be I. minor (more probably) or I. oppositifolia.

Thank you.

--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,

mani nair

Oct 19, 2011, 1:39:32 AM10/19/11
to Mayur Nandikar, Prejith Sampath, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I also think it is Impatiens oppositifolia as the leaves are opposite.
Regards,
Mani

shrikant ingalhalikar

Oct 19, 2011, 4:36:59 AM10/19/11
to efloraofindia
It appears to be I. minor but you have got to ensure if the pedicel is
glabrous. If the pedicel is with 2 lines of hairs then it could be I.
kleiniformis, but this is not (yet) reported from Kerala. Regards,
Shrikant
>  IMG_0129.jpg
> 139KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0125.jpg
> 133KViewDownload

Mayur Nandikar

Oct 19, 2011, 8:37:55 AM10/19/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Same thing Shrikant ji, what I observe in displayed picture is glabrous pedicel.

Giby Kuriakose

Oct 21, 2011, 7:42:50 AM10/21/11
to Mayur Nandikar, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
I too think that this could be  I. minor. Please check the same.

Regards
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD