PLANT FOR ID 166 SMP NOV 2009 Rubiaceae member

Satish Phadke

Nov 13, 2009, 9:22:18 AM11/13/09
to indiantreepix Indian
For ID.
Rubiaceae family member observed on Pasarani ghat on way to Mahabaleshwar. Nov 2009.
Dr Satish Phadke
DSCN3132s.jpg
DSCN3136s.jpg
DSCN3138s.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Nov 13, 2009, 1:22:44 PM11/13/09
to indiantreepix
Spermadictyon suaveolens, Gidesa in Marathi, yes rightly the
Rubiaceae. Regds
Shrikant Ingalhalikar
>  DSCN3132s.jpg
> 160KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN3136s.jpg
> 119KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN3138s.jpg
> 128KViewDownload

Aparna Watve

Nov 13, 2009, 2:46:09 PM11/13/09
to shrikant ingalhalikar, indiantreepix
Dear Dr. phadke
It has a very strong smell, did you notice that?
Regards
Aparna
> --

Dr. Aparna Watve
Dr. Aparna Watve
Asha Appt, Shanti Nagar, Ekata Colony
Nr. BSNL tower, Akbar Ward,
Seoni.480661
tel: 07692-228115
mobile: (0)9755667710 and 9822597288 still works

Satish Phadke

Nov 15, 2009, 12:35:41 PM11/15/09
to Aparna Watve, shrikant ingalhalikar, indiantreepix
Thanks Shrikant ji and Aparnaji
Yes we carried a small twig in our car from Panchgani to Mahabaleshwar. The fragrance was so strong that we had to literally throw it out before we reached Mahabaleshwar.
I also noticed that the petals were everted as seen in picture in the evening(At the time of taking picture) While coming back in morning time the petals were not everted  and more crisper...