Wild Herb for Id- 210909Jm1

J.M. Garg

Sep 21, 2009, 1:01:40 AM9/21/09
to indiantreepix
Shot on narrow treks on 12/9/09 in Hyderabad. Also seen at Keesaragutta near Hyderabad.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Herb for Id I IMG_1533.jpg
Herb for Id I IMG_1534.jpg
Herb for Id I IMG_1536.jpg
Herb for Id I IMG_1539.jpg

Vijayadas D

Sep 21, 2009, 1:06:28 AM9/21/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
It is Andrographis sps   of accanthaceae

--
VijayadasD
Horticulturalist / Estates Supervisor Deputy

Ferns are funniest plants..............!!!!!

Nayan Singh

Sep 21, 2009, 1:10:32 AM9/21/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Dear Garg ji
your plat is Indoneesiella echioides syn Andrographis echioides

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Sep 21, 2009, 1:40:22 AM9/21/09
to Nayan Singh, indiantreepix, mcsi...@gmail.com

Dr E S Santhosh Kumar

Sep 21, 2009, 4:23:54 AM9/21/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
This is Indoneesiella longipedunculata not I. echioides

Thanks

Santhosh

2009/9/21 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
--
SANTHOSH
-----------------------------------

Dr. E S SANTHOSH KUMAR
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala, India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com
 Please consider your environmental responsibility:Before printing this e-mail, ask yourself whether you need a hard copy!

J.M. Garg

Sep 21, 2009, 4:59:26 AM9/21/09
to Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, indiantreepix

Satish Phadke

Sep 21, 2009, 10:48:45 AM9/21/09
to J.M. Garg, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, indiantreepix
Hi Gargji
Indoneesiella echinoides
A nice find. I had clicked this plant in Sep 2005 but thereafter failed to find it anywhere again.
This plant looks beautiful with  opposite symmetrical leaves. The design on the flowers made of white and brownish pink colours. Flowers in axillary racemes ....rachis glandular hairy shorter than leaves. All the features make it look really beautiful.
The flora of Maharashtra by BSI mentions onlly one species of Indoneesiella as above and as per  Santosh ji it may be I.longipedunculata. We will know the differences from him. I coudn't get the meaning of echioides though Longipedunculata itself indicates the inflorescence with long stalks.
Anyway excellent photograph of a nice flower.
Attaching my not so beautiful image of the plant clicked in Pune Sep 2005.
Dr Satish Phadke

2009/9/21 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
Indoneesiella echioides.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 21, 2009, 10:54:02 AM9/21/09
to Satish Phadke, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, indiantreepix
Thanks, Satish ji,
My picture perfectly matches with yours (i.e. Indoneesiella echinoides).
But we like to hear more from Santhosh ji in view of his differing opinion.

Pardeshi S.

Sep 22, 2009, 7:20:42 AM9/22/09
to indiantreepix
Hello all
I have colleted this plant from Aurangabad, Ahmednagar, Jalna, Beed,
and Jalgaon. and i found it to be Andrographis echioides
(Indoneesiella echinoides). the plant is densely hairy and with 4-nate
branching right from base to apex.

the other species i got is a glabrous plant and much slender than this
which is Andrographis paniculata (common names: The Create, Kalmegh,
Kreat, Kalpa, Kalameti.).

here the plant in question is certainly Andrographis echioides
(Indoneesiella echinoides).

regards
Satish Pardeshi
Consultant Taxonomist