Shorea Talura (Jalari)

raghu ananth

Mar 29, 2010, 1:45:51 PM3/29/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Shorea Talura
Jalari (Telugu)

One of the significant tall trees of the Talakona forest, AP
The habitat is an eden for many birds including the zipping Paradise fly catcher.

Talakona, Eastern ghats, Andhra Pradesh.
28th Mar 2010,

Regards
Raghu

DSC_1321a.jpg
DSC_0687a.jpg
DSC_0707b.jpg
DSC_0735a.jpg
DSC_0736a.jpg
DSC_0738a.jpg
DSC_1320a.jpg

Pankaj Oudhia

Mar 29, 2010, 2:20:45 PM3/29/10
to raghu ananth, efloraofindia
Thanks for sharing valuable pictures and information Raghu ji.

Last year I found scale insect on Shorea robusta. American taxonomist informed that it is only reported in Shorea talura in 1918 and not reported in Shorea of our area. Hence it was first record. For the first time at that time my interest generated to see your Shorea. Thanks for making my wish true.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Mar 29, 2010, 2:54:47 PM3/29/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Mr. Raghu
Thanks for sharing. I had been longing to see this. By any chance can
you show a comparative photograph of S. robusta and S. talura?
Regards
Pankaj