[efloraofindia:33752] Crustose lichen

rashida atthar

May 2, 2010, 1:56:34 AM5/2/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Lichens very important indicator of forest health seen at Kulgi WLS, Karnataka last week of April'10.

regards,
Rashida.

The latest auto launches and test drives Drag n' drop

Crustose lichen.JPG
Crustose lichen fruiting bodies.JPG

tanay bose

May 2, 2010, 8:39:28 AM5/2/10
to rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Rashida Ji I hope this is Diploicia canescens
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

rashida atthar

May 2, 2010, 9:26:47 AM5/2/10
to tanay...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the ID Tanay ji.

regards,

Rashida.

Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 18:09:28 +0530
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:33752] Crustose lichen
From: tanay...@gmail.com
To: rashid...@hotmail.com
CC: indian...@googlegroups.com

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 11:26 AM, rashida atthar <rashid...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Lichens very important indicator of forest health seen at Kulgi WLS, Karnataka last week of April'10.

regards,
Rashida.

The latest auto launches and test drives Drag n' drop

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

The battle for the FIH Hockey World Cup Drag n' drop

tanay bose

May 2, 2010, 10:13:26 AM5/2/10
to rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com

welcome Rashida Ji
tanay

J.M. Garg

May 24, 2010, 7:35:29 AM5/24/10
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, rashida atthar, kiran ranadive, Inderjeet Sethi

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Rashida Ji I hope this is Diploicia canescens
Tanay”

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
Crustose lichen.JPG
Crustose lichen fruiting bodies.JPG

Yazdy Palia

May 24, 2010, 2:04:20 PM5/24/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose, rashida atthar, kiran ranadive, Inderjeet Sethi
Dear Rashida ji,
To a layperson, it does not look like Diploica Canescens. Attaching
herewith a link showing all the pictures of Diploica Canescens as well
as Diploica Subcanescens. They look different to me, however, I may be
wrong. Two links on lichens.
http://www.stridvall.se/lichens/gallery/Diploicia?page=1
http://www.saguaro-juniper.com/i_and_i/lichens/lichens.html
Regards
Yazdy.

Rashida Atthar

May 25, 2010, 1:19:36 AM5/25/10
to Yazdy Palia, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose, rashida atthar, kiran ranadive, Inderjeet Sethi
Thanks for your efforts Yazdi ji. I am unable to open any of the links. If  Tanay ji can see the same, perhaps he will be able to deicde the ID. Thanks.

regards,
Rashida.

tanay bose

May 25, 2010, 1:23:44 AM5/25/10
to Rashida Atthar, Yazdy Palia, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, rashida atthar, kiran ranadive, Inderjeet Sethi
See its hard to determine a Lichen without getting a close look Hence i cant make ambiguous comment Sorry for it Yazdy ji. Kindly excuse me. Sorry for it. Sorry
Tanay
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Rashida Atthar

May 25, 2010, 1:26:07 AM5/25/10
to tanay bose, Yazdy Palia, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, rashida atthar, kiran ranadive, Inderjeet Sethi
I know Tanay ji, that is why I never asked for the ID ! Thanks for your efforts.

regards,
Rashida.

tanay bose

May 25, 2010, 1:29:11 AM5/25/10
to Rashida Atthar, Yazdy Palia, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, rashida atthar, kiran ranadive, Inderjeet Sethi
I am extremely Sorry because I could not validate the ID and provide you and Yazdy Ji with correct identification. My knowledge and experience is too small to get of the ID of a lichen at a glance may be more experienced person can help us .
Tanay

Rashida Atthar

May 25, 2010, 1:36:24 AM5/25/10
to tanay bose, Yazdy Palia, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, rashida atthar, kiran ranadive, Inderjeet Sethi
Tanay ji as I mentioned in my last mail I am not expecting an ID even from experienced persons with such limited pics. I only wanted to share  pics of Crustose lichen, that's all.

regards,
Rashida.

tanay bose

Yazdy Palia

May 25, 2010, 2:37:20 AM5/25/10
to tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, rashida atthar, kiran ranadive, Inderjeet Sethi
Dear Tanay ji,
Please do not feel sorry. I am only trying to learn and am just
honestly trying to express my doubts. You are being modest, I do not
know one tiny fraction of what you people do.
Take it easy.
Regards
Yazdy.

tanay bose

May 25, 2010, 8:11:36 AM5/25/10
to Yazdy Palia, Rashida Atthar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, rashida atthar, kiran ranadive, Inderjeet Sethi
Thanks for comforting me Yazdy ji
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

May 25, 2010, 8:21:29 AM5/25/10
to tanay bose, Yazdy Palia, Rashida Atthar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, rashida atthar, kiran ranadive, Inderjeet Sethi
The thread is a perfect example of modesty, maturity and mutual respect within the group. I am proud to be a part of such a group.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor