Plant at Karla...

Ramjee Gmail

Jan 3, 2009, 9:23:18 PM1/3/09
to TreePix India

Dear Friends,

At the outset, greetings for a very Happy New Year!

Got to see this unique looking plant near Karla Caves at Lonawala.

Would be happy to learn it’s name…

As it was on the slopes of the hill, and did not carry my SLR, couldn’t get better/ closer snaps than this, with my powershot… ;-)

Happy learning,

ramjee

Dinesh Valke

Jan 4, 2009, 4:37:06 AM1/4/09
to Ramjee Gmail, TreePix India
plant at Karla ... Colebrookea oppositifolia (Indian squirreltail)
Regards

J.M. Garg

Jan 4, 2009, 8:04:14 AM1/4/09
to Dinesh Valke, Ramjee Gmail, TreePix India
Thanks, Dinesh ji.
From Indiantreepix Database:
Colebrookea oppositifolia     Lamiaceae  Indian Squirrel Tail  Flowering near Bhor,Near Pune in Sahyadri ghat- Satish ji- 4/5/08. Indian Squirrel Tail Plant for ID 04/05/2008 SMP7 Pune - indiantreepix | Google Groups