That's how Traditional Allelopathic Knowledge is practiced

Pankaj Oudhia

Jan 29, 2011, 2:46:23 AM1/29/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Group Members,

    Yesterday I was in forest with Traditional Healers. They collected bark of Koriya tree. One of them started collecting bark whereas other started crushing of Bhirha tree leaves. After bark collection, Bhirha leaf paste was applied on injured part. They informed that now tree wound will heal within no time. Please see the attached pictures.

As you know, thousands of my research documents on Traditional Allelopathic Knowledge are online. I dream of tree care services/units equipped with this unique concept to provide relief to injured trees in our metros. In forest, Healers are practicing it but there is need to educate young herb collectors as well as greedy herb traders about it.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia
Maida 223 (Medium).jpg
Maida 224 (Medium).jpg
Maida 226 (Medium).jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 29, 2011, 2:50:09 AM1/29/11
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Thanks Pankaj ji
You always have some unique new information to share. Keep the good work on. It is a great service to humanity.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Jan 29, 2011, 5:36:16 AM1/29/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
great Pankaj ji
pls share botanical name of these trees if possible

Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Pankaj Oudhia

Jan 29, 2011, 6:10:31 AM1/29/11
to efloraofindia
Bhirha is Chloroxylon swietenia and Koriya is Wrightia sp. You can see Bhirha growing in back of Koriya.

Koriya plant parts play vital role in treating many troubles of Bhirha. The Healers say-  that's why they are growing in same system in Nature's experimental fields.

Both species are used as medicine in Traditional Healing. Its combination continues as medicine also. In many diseases when Bhirha stops giving good results Koriya plant parts are added with it in order to make it more effective and vice-versa.  The Healers accept humbly that they have learnt it from Mother Nature.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

Pankaj Oudhia

Jan 29, 2011, 6:18:11 AM1/29/11
to efloraofindia
Vijaydas ji,

  Not taken many pictures as it is common practice I observe during forest visit specially with senior Healers. Many times young Healers miss this important work. In such situation I perform it based on my knowledge gathered from the seniors.

I presented a lead paper in International Biodiversity Conference, Mysore last year that how Wild Curcuma based solution is used by the innovative Healers one week before collection of Parthenium hysterophorus roots for use as medicine.

During this visit Leopard saved our lives in forest. I have written about it in my Hindi blog.

http://pratikriyaa.blogspot.com/2011/01/blog-post.html

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Vijayadas D <dvija...@gmail.com> wrote:
dear,

 Could you send more fotos ?

--
Vijayadas D
Horticulturist EstateSupervisorDeputy

Balkar Arya

Jan 29, 2011, 11:51:11 AM1/29/11
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Thanks Pankaj ji for Information

Ramakanth Reddy

Apr 4, 2019, 11:16:37 AM4/4/19
to efloraofindia
Nice information sir.
I've gone through your work sir, in some websites and your blogs. Really felt enthused by your dedication and passion in documenting our nation's traditional knowledge for future generations.
Younger generation gets motivated by thes works sir.

JM Garg

Apr 5, 2019, 12:35:23 AM4/5/19
to efloraofindia
Maida 223 (Medium).jpg