Khandala flowers

bindu kapadia

Nov 18, 2008, 4:37:26 AM11/18/08
to indiantreepix

Well. I visited Khandala on the 15,16 17th Nov This was a different season.

Usually we go during or after monsoon. So all together different flora .

Instead of golden  G.grondsel   there were  Mexican sunflowers (Tithonia

Diversifolia everywhere besides Red star Glory ,Powder puff, Ratraani.

In trees Spathodeas (African tulips) were in full blooms .

Regards,

Bindu
Here i am sending two of them.
1--Red star Glory----Ipomoea hederifolia
2---Powder Puff-----Calliandra haematocephala

Hope they are the corrct ID
Sorry for the double images
Picture 059.jpg
Picture 074.jpg

bindu kapadia

Nov 18, 2008, 4:40:41 AM11/18/08
to indiantreepix
Mexican  Sunflowers Tithonia diversifolia
Regards,
Bindu
Picture 088.jpg
Picture 089.jpg

bindu kapadia

Nov 18, 2008, 4:42:42 AM11/18/08
to indiantreepix
Is it Duranta erecta?
Bindu
Picture 090.jpg

bindu kapadia

Nov 18, 2008, 4:45:46 AM11/18/08
to indiantreepix
Please which Ipomoea?
Regards,
Bindu
Picture 064.jpg
Picture 065.jpg

Aparna Watve

Nov 18, 2008, 5:24:10 AM11/18/08
to bindu kapadia, indiantreepix
dear bindu,
it is not
> > 1--Red star Glory----Ipomoea hederifolia
But Holmskioldia (cup and saucer plant)- Verbenaceae. the expanded
part (saucer) is not corolla but calyx. If you open the flower, you
will see typical morphology of the family, which differs much from
Convolvulaceae (Ipomoea)

> --
Dr. Aparna Watve
34/6, Gulawani Maharaj Rd,
Pune 411 004.
India

bindu kapadia

Nov 18, 2008, 8:46:12 AM11/18/08
to Aparna Watve, indiantreepix
Thanks Aparna and Chitra for correcting me.
Regards,
Bindu

bindu kapadia

Nov 20, 2008, 4:11:50 AM11/20/08
to indiantreepix

Nov 20, 2008, 4:14:37 AM11/20/08
to indiantreepix

Nupur Sengupta

Nov 20, 2008, 7:49:08 AM11/20/08
to bindu kapadia, indiantreepix
Hello All,
 I am not getting the pictures of Indiantreepix!!!........I don't know why this is hapenning! Could anyone help me??

--
Nupur Banerjee
Senior Research Fellow

satish phadke

Nov 20, 2008, 10:03:55 AM11/20/08
to bindu kapadia, indiantreepix
Picture 064 and 065 appear to be horticultural variety of Asystachya to me. This belongs to Acanthaceae family.Generally the cross section of the stem in Acanthaceae members is squarish and not round which will differentiate it from other families.I have posted similar flower earlier as per following link which was identified By Shrikant Ingalhalikar as Asystachia.

dhaivat hathi

Nov 20, 2008, 10:08:26 AM11/20/08
to Nupur Sengupta, bindu kapadia, indiantreepix
dear,

u have an option in GMAIL to enable viewing pics. so at the top of the mail u shall find "ALWAYS DISPLAY PICTURES....." click on it and u shall start getting pics also....

let us know if still it doesnt solve ur prob....

regards,
Dhaivat Hathi

--
Have a nice time,
Regards,

"Monitor alone uses more than half of computer's total power. I choose to switch off the monitor everytime I take a break."

Save a tree - please do not print this email unless you really need to.