Ophioglossum sporangium

shubhada nikharge

Aug 2, 2010, 8:16:01 AM8/2/10
to indian tree pix
Hi,
I had taken these pics at Conservation Education Centre, Goregaon, Mumbai exactly one year ago and Dr. Swapna Prabhu from BNHS had identified it as Ophioglossum sporangium.
Cheers,
Shubhada

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

Ophioglossum sporangium snake's tongue pteridophyte 2009_0802_cec_0180 e.jpg
Ophioglossum sporangium snake's tongue pteridophyte 2009_0802_cec_0181 e.jpg
Ophioglossum sporangium snake's tongue pteridophyte 2009_0802_cec_0184 e.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 2, 2010, 11:12:45 AM8/2/10
to shubhada nikharge, indian tree pix
Just wanted to say, sporophyte is deformed, but wanted to know if the
particular species has more than one leaf. Never seen multiple leaves
in Ophioglossum before.
Pankaj

Bhatt Sweta

Aug 3, 2010, 4:06:33 AM8/3/10
to Pankaj Kumar, shubhada nikharge, indian tree pix
same question here,

tanay bose

Aug 5, 2010, 2:40:31 AM8/5/10
to Bhatt Sweta, Pankaj Kumar, shubhada nikharge, indian tree pix
may be not a genotypic alteration!
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose