Wild Flower for ID-231109-RK2

ranjini kamath

Nov 23, 2009, 3:40:30 AM11/23/09
to indiatreepix
Request ID of this Wild Flower.Srirangapatna-13-11-09.
Thank you.
Ranjini Kamath
IMG_6439-ph-x.jpg

Satish Phadke

Nov 23, 2009, 7:56:52 AM11/23/09
to ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
Appears to be Hibiscus lobatus to me; but these tiny Malvaceae flowers are very tricky....
Will wait for others comments.

2009/11/23 ranjini kamath <ranj...@gmail.com>
Request ID of this Wild Flower.Srirangapatna-13-11-09.
Thank you.
                 Ranjini Kamath

J.M. Garg

Dec 23, 2009, 12:18:00 AM12/23/09
to indiantreepix, ranjini kamath, satish phadke

Earlier relevant feedback:

“Appears to be Hibiscus lobatus to me; but these tiny Malvaceae flowers are very tricky....
Will wait for others comments.”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

IMG_6439-ph-x.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Dec 23, 2009, 3:19:28 AM12/23/09
to indiantreepix
Members need not guess the size of the plant/flower. Dr. Gurcharan
Singhji earlier posted that for Malvaceae the calyx picture is useful
in ID. Let us have more information such as the plant habit, height
and even the time of observation. I dare to guess (Bombyx micranthus,
size less than 1 cm, picture taken in rocky scrub in the afternoon)
from the general appearance but that won't help each of us even if it
turns out to be right. Regards
Shrikant Ingalhalikar

On Dec 23, 10:18 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise pl.
>
> Earlier relevant feedback:
>

> “Appears to be *Hibiscus lobatus* to me; but these tiny Malvaceae flowers

> are very tricky....
> Will wait for others comments.”

ranjini kamath

Dec 23, 2009, 4:59:48 AM12/23/09
to shrikant ingalhalikar, indiantreepix
Shrikant ji This pic was taken at 0945 am.The flower[if i remember
right]is around 21/2 cms-definitely not less than a cm-,growing on the
roadside [in fact almost all the Srirangapatna wild flowers i had
taken pictures of were along this [approximately]100m stretch.The
plant was shrub-like-about 21/2 ft high.2 or 3 flowers only.Hope this
additional information helps!
Regards

> indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com.

> For more options, visit this group at

> http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.

J.M. Garg

Feb 9, 2010, 12:03:17 AM2/9/10
to efloraofindia, ranjini kamath, satish phadke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Earlier relevant feedback:

Appears to be Hibiscus lobatus to me; but these tiny Malvaceae flowers are very tricky....
Will wait for others comments.” from Phadke ji.

“Members need not guess the size of the plant/flower. Dr. Gurcharan

Singhji earlier posted that for Malvaceae the calyx picture is useful
in ID. Let us have more information such as the plant habit, height
and even the time of observation. I dare to guess (Bombyx micranthus,
size less than 1 cm, picture taken in rocky scrub in the afternoon)
from the general appearance but that won't help each of us even if it
turns out to be right. Regards

Shrikant Ingalhalikar”

This pic was taken at 0945 am.The flower[if i remember

right]is around 21/2 cms-definitely not less than a cm-,growing on the
roadside [in fact almost all the Srirangapatna wild flowers i had
taken pictures of were along this [approximately]100m stretch.The
plant was  shrub-like-about 21/2 ft high.2 or 3 flowers only.Hope this
additional information helps!” from Ranjini ji.

Parjanya guru

Feb 9, 2010, 12:28:00 AM2/9/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, ranjini kamath, satish phadke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Hibiscus solanandra..?

ranjini kamath

Feb 10, 2010, 4:04:11 AM2/10/10
to Parjanya guru, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, satish phadke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Am sending one more pic. Hope it can be of some help in fixing the ID
tho' calyx cannot be seen.
Regards

On 2/9/10, Parjanya guru <guroo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Hibiscus solanandra..?*

> On 2/9/10, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise pl.
>>
>> Earlier relevant feedback:
>>

>> “*Appears to be Hibiscus lobatus* to me; but these tiny Malvaceae flowers

>> are very tricky....
>> Will wait for others comments.” from Phadke ji.
>>

>> “Members need not guess the size of the plant/flower. Dr. Gurcharan
>> Singhji earlier posted that for Malvaceae the calyx picture is useful
>> in ID. Let us have more information such as the plant habit, height

>> and even the time of observation. *I dare to guess (Bombyx micranthus*,

>> size less than 1 cm, picture taken in rocky scrub in the afternoon)
>> from the general appearance but that won't help each of us even if it
>> turns out to be right. Regards
>> Shrikant Ingalhalikar”
>>

>> “This pic was taken at 0945 am.The flower[if i remember
>> right]is around 21/2 cms-definitely not less than a cm-,growing on the
>> roadside [in fact almost all the Srirangapatna wild flowers i had
>> taken pictures of were along this [approximately]100m stretch.The
>> plant was shrub-like-about 21/2 ft high.2 or 3 flowers only.Hope this
>> additional information helps!” from Ranjini ji.

IMG_6442-ph.jpg

Parjanya guru

Feb 10, 2010, 4:06:55 AM2/10/10
to ranjini kamath, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, satish phadke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
There's a chance equal to  Hibiscus hirta  too.!
Please check.

R. Vijayasankar

Feb 10, 2010, 4:11:05 AM2/10/10
to Parjanya guru, ranjini kamath, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, satish phadke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
For me it looks like Hibiscus lobatus (= H. solandra).

With regards

R. Vijayasankar
FRLHT, Bangalore

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 7, 2021, 1:18:42 AM4/7/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Hibiscus lobatus ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 7, 2021, 1:19:34 AM4/7/21
to indiantreepix, Ranjini Kamath
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Hibiscus lobatus ?
Group discussion at

Apr 7, 2021, 3:25:01 AM4/7/21
to efloraofindia
I agree with Gurcharan Ji

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 04/07/21, 12:54:28 PM

J.M. Garg

Apr 11, 2021, 5:38:06 AM4/11/21
to efloraofindia, ranjini kamath, Chennuru Nagendra
Yes, Chennuru ji, as per Hibiscus lobatus (Murray) Kuntze

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg