[efloraofindia:33611] ID request-300410-PKA3

Prashant awale

Apr 30, 2010, 2:03:06 PM4/30/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Requesting help for ID. Not very clear pics.

Location: On the way to Avachitgad fort near Roha from Nagothane (Maharashtra).
Date/ Time: 21-07-2008 / 09:30AM
Habitat: Wild
Plant Habit: Tree
Height: Approx 5m
Leaves: Opposite, 4 to 10cm long, apex tapering, petioles approx 4 to 5mm
Flowers creamy white colour in clusters.

regards
Prashant

DSC07137c.JPG
DSC07137.JPG
DSC07135.JPG
DSC07133.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Apr 30, 2010, 10:31:49 PM4/30/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
... would it be related to OR be some Ehretia species, dear Prashant ?
Regards.

R. Vijayasankar

Apr 30, 2010, 10:41:52 PM4/30/10
to Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
I thought it could be a species of Bridelia?!

With regards

Vijayasankar Raman
National Center for Natural Products Research,
The University of Mississippi,
Oxford, MS-38677, USA.

Prashant awale

May 1, 2010, 1:56:06 AM5/1/10
to R. Vijayasankar, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix

Could this be Lagerstroemia microcarpa?

regards
Prashant

Dinesh Valke

May 1, 2010, 2:28:43 AM5/1/10
to Prashant awale, R. Vijayasankar, indiantreepix
.... must be Lagerstroemia microcarpa !!!!
Ehretia
now looks so vague !!!!
Regards.

Satish Phadke

May 1, 2010, 3:23:20 AM5/1/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
It is indeed Lagerstroemia species most probably microcarpa.
Search my recently posted pictures on the group. The fine violet tinged white petals have mostly fallen off from the flowers in your pictures. I had seen huge trees on the road to Pali Nagothane etc.
Dr Phadke

Prashant awale

May 1, 2010, 5:46:15 AM5/1/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Thanks Dinesh ji, Satish ji. It did look like L.microcarpa.
regards
Prashant

tanay bose

May 1, 2010, 10:10:23 AM5/1/10
to Prashant awale, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Dear All,
I am quit sure of this plant being Lagerstroemia microcarpa !!
Regards
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Satish Chile

May 3, 2010, 2:52:26 AM5/3/10
to Prashant awale, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Yes it is  Lagerstroemia microcarpa .
Satish

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Prashant awale <pka...@gmail.com> wrote:

--