FLOWER FOR ID17.10.10MN

mani nair

Oct 17, 2010, 12:47:03 AM10/17/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

Sending a photo of the flower.
Kindly identify.
Regards,
Mani.

Date/Time :         10.10.10
Location Place : Dombivli, Thane Dt.
Habitat : Garden ... Type : Wild
Plant Habit : ... Height :  1 meter.
Leaves Type : ... Shape : ... Size : ...
Inflorescence Type : ... Size : ...   small
Flowers Size : ... Colour : ... Calyx : ... Bracts :  Yellow
Fruits Type : ... Shape : ... Size : ... Seeds : Not seen

Other Info :
Fragrance : ... Pollinator : ... Uses :
yellow-wildhibiscus.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Oct 17, 2010, 1:01:40 AM10/17/10
to mani nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
... native of Brazil, tropical America ... Malachra capitata ... naturalized in our country ... commonly known as: Brazil jute, malachra, yellow leafbract • Bengali: বন ভিংডী ban bhindi • Gujarati: પરદેસી ભિંડૉ pardesi bhindo • Hindi: वन भिंडी van bhindi, विलायती भिंडी vilayati bhindi • Marathi: भूर भेंडी bhur bhendi, परदेशी भेंडी pardeshi bhendi,  रान भेंडी raan bhendi,  विलायती भेंडी vilayati bhendi

Regards.

JANAKI TURAGA

Oct 17, 2010, 1:11:55 AM10/17/10
to treepix Indian
Maniji and Dinesh ji
very interesting, perhaps we can have the photos of the fruit/vegetable after some time if it is possible? and r these edible?
Kind Regards
Janaki Turaga

tanay bose

Oct 17, 2010, 1:27:44 AM10/17/10
to JANAKI TURAGA, treepix Indian
Malachra capitata indeed this plant came for my taxonomy exam in B.Sc (hons),
a weed in Bengal
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Dinesh Valke

Oct 17, 2010, 4:36:40 AM10/17/10
to tanay bose, JANAKI TURAGA, treepix Indian
... not yet paid attention to the fruit, Janaki ji ... next time will look out.
Regards.

Balkar Arya

Oct 17, 2010, 5:11:47 AM10/17/10
to Dinesh Valke, tanay bose, JANAKI TURAGA, treepix Indian
Thanks Mani Ji and Dinesh Ji
Today i got this plant and i was trying to get it identify and you have done this for me in advance

Thanks

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh