Family of the week.

satish phadke

Mar 12, 2009, 11:14:46 AM3/12/09
to indiantreepix Indian, wildflowerindia
Dear friends
I was writing about families of flowering plants for last several weeks.
It was more of a compilation of information from different sources.
Its intention was my own study and classification of pictures from my collection and sharing it with you.
In all I have compiled 61 common families so far, in alphabetical order, starting from the first week of Jan 2008.I know that there are far more families than these. I will no longer be writing about this subject as a regular feature henceforth. I thank you all for giving me a lot of love and important feedback in writing this information.
All the information written so far is available on the blog given at the bottom of this mail.
I will keep on adding newer pictures clicked by me on the blog.
Thanks a lot
Regards
Satish

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Rajesh Sachdev

Mar 12, 2009, 11:22:08 AM3/12/09
to indiantreepix
Satish, Many thanks for every effort that you are taking to write
about these families. I have been observing it ,from the date of my
joining ITP. This really increases the knowledge of we, unqualified
individuals in such complex world of Botany.

regards
Rajesh Sachdev

Padmanabhan Geetha

Mar 13, 2009, 12:58:00 AM3/13/09
to satish phadke, indiantreepix Indian, wildflowerindia
Thank you, I found those posts very useful and looked forward to them; but why are you not continuing?
best wishes
geetha

Mahendra Prasad

Mar 14, 2009, 5:04:51 AM3/14/09
to indiantreepix Indian, wildflowerindia, satish phadke
Hi Satish,
We will miss your feature on plant families. It was very informative, along with your excellent pix. Hope you will continue your comments, advice and pix on "Indiantreepix".
Mahendra

[...]

Get perfect Email ID for your Resume. Get before others grab.

shubhada nikharge

Mar 16, 2009, 10:51:41 AM3/16/09
to indiantreepix Indian
Hi Satish,
Ur mails about families were great indeed. A good compilation.
i feel sorry that u wont be writing on families hereafter.
I would like to know whether we can form an identification key for the families? i mean to say by elimination method or so? so that it will help the non botany people to arrive at the conclusion for identifying the family.
cheers,
shubhada

Mar 17, 2009, 10:40:11 PM3/17/09
to shubhada nikharge, indiantreepix Indian
Hi, Satish ji,
No words of praise are enough for continuing your efforts for more than a year along with your other duties like that of a moderator. I myself even couldn't follow some of my initiatives started by me earlier due to lack of time.
But you can still keep on pointing some crucial aspects of families in the posts as you have done in some posts earlier. It will certainly be of great help for a layman like me.