(130409SCS4-8) Is it Launaea procumbens, Sonepat, Haryana

Suresh C. Sharma

Apr 13, 2009, 8:33:41 PM4/13/09
to indiantreepix
Is it Launaea procumbens?
Along the roadside and on the canal bank. Quite a few of them together.
Regards,
Suresh C Sharma
Picture-030.jpg
Picture-031.1.jpg
Picture-032.jpg
Picture-038.jpg
Picture-042.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 22, 2009, 6:21:12 AM4/22/09
to Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix
Hi, Suresh ji,
From the pictures of Launaea procumbens at: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Launaea%20procumbens&w=all&s=int, I don't think it's the same species.

2009/4/14 Suresh C. Sharma <bush...@gmail.com>
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sangeeta Swami

Apr 22, 2009, 11:05:15 AM4/22/09
to Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix
I have also seen this plant near Badli (Delhi). I am also eater to know its name. May be Devendra Bhardwajji and Grassmanji throw some light.

Best,
Sangeeta

Dinesh Valke

Apr 22, 2009, 11:15:55 AM4/22/09
to Sangeeta Swami, Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix
... Picture-032.jpg reminds me of Elephantopus scaber ... if all the views are of same plant, then my guess will not be of any use ... especially Picture-038.jpg seems to not fit E. scaber.
Regards.

grassman

Apr 22, 2009, 12:56:52 PM4/22/09
to indiantreepix
dear

picture number 1,2 & 3 is of Nicotiana plumbaginifolia ( wild
tobacco).

and picture 4 , 5 may be of verbescum chinense

do u hav any other shots of plants 4 and 5 (closeup)

J.M. Garg

Apr 22, 2009, 10:36:16 PM4/22/09
to grassman, indiantreepix, Suresh C. Sharma