Ixora Pavetta?

J.M. Garg

Mar 23, 2009, 10:48:18 PM3/23/09
to indiantreepix
In the forest of Kinnarsani WS, A.P. on 15/2/09.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Ixora Pavetta Is It (Common Emigrant (Catopsilia pomona)) I IMG_5972.jpg
Ixora Pavetta Is It I IMG_5977.jpg
Ixora Pavetta Is It I IMG_5978.jpg
Ixora Pavetta Is It I IMG_5979.jpg

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 2, 2009, 8:11:47 AM4/2/09
to indiantreepix
Here is a reply from Ravi ji:
"JM
This is called the Lokhandi in Marathi...duno the biological name though
Ravi Vaidyanathan"
On further checking, I think he is right.

More details from Indiantreepix Database:

Ixora brachiata Rubiaceae Lokhandi, kurati, gorbale, raikura near Mahape, Navi Mumbai Maharastra on 6th April 2008; at Karnala Bird Sanctuary, Maharashtra- Dec.'08?; Raikura (Marathi: ??????? or ???????) on Flickr - Photo Sharing! TREE For ID2 - MPD -8th April 2008 - indiantreepix | Google Groups ID Required : SP081230 - indiantreepix | Google Groups Lokhandi Tree(Ixora brachiata) Flower pictures from forests photos on webshots Ixora - indiantreepix | Google Groups

JM Garg