VoF Week :: DV :: 02 AUG 12 - 0233 :: Ribes himalense at Valley of Flowers

Dinesh Valke

Aug 23, 2012, 2:42:54 PM8/23/12
to efloraofindia
Ribes himalense Royle ex Decne. ... (family: Grossulariaceae)
Valley of Flowers
2 AUG 12
Valley of Flowers ... about 11000 - 12000 ft
Ribes himalense

Ribes himalense   Ribes himalense   Ribes himalense
Regards.
Dinesh

ushadi Micromini

Aug 23, 2012, 5:30:20 PM8/23/12
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Seeing red almost translucent currants makes my mouth water..
wonder if this variety is edible?
great pics.

Usha di

Usha di
===========

Nayan Singh

Aug 23, 2012, 10:52:27 PM8/23/12
to ushadi Micromini, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
 yes Usha di ji, this variety is edible.
Thanks a lot Dinesh ji for posting this beautiful pix, on the basis of this a could id my tow species, i.e. Ribes himalense & Ribus alpestre. I will try to post them for validation some time later. Thansk again.
Regards.
Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests (CAMPA)
Satpura Bhawan
M.P. Nagar Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh
Mo - 09424790074

--

-- Usha di=========== --

Nidhan Singh

Aug 24, 2012, 2:02:04 AM8/24/12
to Nayan Singh, ushadi Micromini, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Very tempting pics Dinesh Ji...nice display..

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

J.M. Garg

Jan 24, 2017, 7:26:08 AM1/24/17
to efloraofindia
A feedback from another thread:
"............ I note that images a Ribes from VOF have been named as R.himalense. This needs to be checked. Flowers of the Himalaya
say "in drier areas only" for this species and I do not think VOF counts as a 'drier' area. Also, if one refers to the book, 'Valley of Flowers' it has Ribes glaciale Wall. .............."

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

Dinesh Valke

Jan 24, 2017, 7:46:01 AM1/24/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji for pointing out the need for check of the posted plant's ID.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Jun 24, 2017, 9:47:53 AM6/24/17
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
Keys in Flora of Pakistan lead me to Ribes glaciale Wall. only.
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Dinesh Valke

Jun 24, 2017, 11:51:45 AM6/24/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks very much Garg ji for scrutinizing the ID. I will revise my notes at flickr at the soonest.
Regards.
Dinesh