Boswellia serrata (Salai)?- Fuirts & flowers

J.M. Garg

Mar 22, 2009, 10:39:09 PM3/22/09
to indiantreepix
On 15/2/09 in Kinnarsani WS, A.P. I hope Id is correct.
Some extracts from Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boswellia_serrata

Boswellia serrata is Indian frankincense or Salai. It is found in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh in India. Its aroma is generally considered to be far inferior compared to Boswellia sacra or Boswellia frereana.

In Ayurvedic medicine Indian frankincense (Boswellia serrata) has been used for hundreds of years for treating arthritis.[1]

Extracts of Boswellia serrata have been clinically studied for osteoarthritis and joint function, particularly for osteoarthritis of the knee. A Boswellia extract marketed under the name Wokvel has undergone human efficacy, comparative, pharmacokinetic studies.[2][3][4]

Boswellia serrata is used in the manufacture of the supposed anti-wrinkle agent "Boswelox",[5] which has been criticised as being ineffective.[6]

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Boswellia serrata (salai) is it- in Kinnarsani WS, AP I2 IMG_5840.jpg
Boswellia serrata (salai) is it- in Kinnarsani WS, AP I IMG_5840.jpg
Boswellia serrata (salai) is it- in Kinnarsani WS, AP I IMG_5843.jpg
Boswellia serrata (salai) is it- in Kinnarsani WS, AP I IMG_5844.jpg