Euphorbiaceae fortnight :: Acalypha hispida in gardens :: DV01

Dinesh Valke

Nov 1, 2013, 4:33:25 AM11/1/13
to efloraofindia
Euphorbiaceae fortnight
castor OR spurge family
Acalypha hispida Burm.f.

In India, cultivated - as a house plant OR ornamental in gardens.
in Vaghbil, Thane on 25 AUG 07

Acalypha hispida

in Babasaheb Ambedkar Udyan, Powai on 07 JUL 07

Acalypha hispida

Regards.
Dinesh

Tapas Chakrabarty

Nov 1, 2013, 4:35:07 AM11/1/13
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Excellent photo.
T. Chakrabarty.

Dinesh Valke

Nov 1, 2013, 4:59:48 AM11/1/13
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Thank you very much, Tapas ji.
Regards.
Dinesh.

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 1, 2013, 5:06:24 AM11/1/13
to Dinesh Valke, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Really good photographs Dinesh ji

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

Dinesh Valke

Nov 1, 2013, 5:47:35 AM11/1/13
to Gurcharan Singh, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Gurcharan ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

Nidhan Singh

Nov 1, 2013, 11:25:16 PM11/1/13
to Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Amazing capture Dinesh Ji...
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Dinesh Valke

Nov 1, 2013, 11:25:55 PM11/1/13
to Nidhan Singh, Gurcharan Singh, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Nidhan ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

Muthu Karthick

Nov 6, 2013, 4:34:27 AM11/6/13
to Dinesh Valke, Nidhan Singh, Gurcharan Singh, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Beautiful pictures Dineshji. I think the trade name is 'Monkey's Tail' for Acalypa hispida.
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Dinesh Valke

Nov 6, 2013, 5:44:57 AM11/6/13
to Muthu Karthick, Nidhan Singh, Gurcharan Singh, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Muthu ji.
Yes, monkey's tail also is a name given to this plant.
Some other names that I found from net ... cat's tail, chenille plant, foxtail, red hot cat tail, red hot poker, Philippines medusa.

Regards.
Dinesh