Fwd: pls help me in identifying these plants- Mew 111015- 1

J.M. Garg

Oct 11, 2015, 6:35:09 AM10/11/15
to efloraofindia, mew muni, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan
The first one is well known Hibiscus cannabis (the leaves used to prepare acidic chutny in the southern states)- from Santhan ji.

Oct 11, 2015, 1:20:55 PM10/11/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, mew muni, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan
yes
i am glad these were separated

Hibiscus cannabinus

notice the spelling

usha di

Usha di
===========

Vijayasankar Raman

Oct 11, 2015, 10:01:58 PM10/11/15
to Ushadi Micromini, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, mew muni, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan
Hibiscus radiatus, perhaps.
Vijayasankar

Vijayasankar Raman
Research Scientist
University of Mississippi, USA

J.M. Garg

Oct 16, 2015, 5:24:32 AM10/16/15
to efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan, Ushadi Micromini, mew muni

Some earlier relevant feedback:

The first one is well known Hibiscus cannabis (the leaves used to prepare acidic chutny in the southern states)- from Santhan ji.

yes
i am glad these were separated
Hibiscus cannabinus
notice the spelling

usha di

Hibiscus radiatus, perhaps.
Vijayasankar

 efi pages on Hibiscus radiatus & Hibiscus cannabinus

A 1.JPG
A 2.JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 16, 2015, 10:44:57 PM10/16/15
to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan, Ushadi Micromini

Jan 15, 2022, 12:19:35 AM (7 days ago) Jan 15
to efloraofindia, mew muni
This is Hibiscus radiatus Cav.  as per images and keys herein.