Pangi id al010911

10 views
Skip to first unread message

Alok Mahendroo

unread,
Sep 1, 2011, 1:32:59 PM9/1/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,
As we cross Sach pass towards Pangi... more flowers..

Location Pangi Valley
Altitude 4500 mts
Habit herb
Habitat wild
Height 12 inches

regards
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,
P.O. Dalhousie
District Chamba
H.P. 176304, India

www.hivetrust.wordpress.com
www.forwildlife.wordpress.com
http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new=true&id=2186

073111_1536.jpg
073111_1534.jpg

Ritesh Choudhary

unread,
Sep 1, 2011, 7:58:39 PM9/1/11
to efloraofindia
Achillea millefolium

Asteraceae

Regards,
Ritesh.

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
Sep 1, 2011, 9:32:56 PM9/1/11
to Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
yes Achillea millefolium


-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ 

2011/9/2 Ritesh Choudhary <rites...@gmail.com>
Achillea millefolium

Asteraceae

Regards,
Ritesh.



Ushadi micromini

unread,
Sep 1, 2011, 10:45:52 PM9/1/11
to efloraofindia
Yes one of the useful "WEEDS" one of the native good weed ... a
Yarrow...
found "native" in almost all continents...

my most favorite herb... of all the herbs I love....

concentrates micronutrients and leaves numb cough reflex!!
two in one.. ??, NA, many in one!!!

Usha di
====




On Sep 2, 6:32 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> yes Achillea millefolium
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> 2011/9/2 Ritesh Choudhary <ritesh....@gmail.com>

Ushadi micromini

unread,
Sep 1, 2011, 10:47:13 PM9/1/11
to efloraofindia
Alok ji: where exactly is Pangi Valley???

Your pics make me want to visit it...
thanks
Usha di
====
> www.hivetrust.wordpress.comwww.forwildlife.wordpress.comhttp://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new...
>
>  073111_1536.jpg
> 105KViewDownload
>
>  073111_1534.jpg
> 105KViewDownload

Alok

unread,
Sep 3, 2011, 10:14:37 AM9/3/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks Ritesh ji and Gurcharan ji for the id,

I am sorry I could not reply earlier.. as I said once.. some mails/
replies do not come to my e-mail manager... hence I miss them out
unless my internet speed allows to come online and check it on the
forum...

Usha di,
Pangi is like all mountain valleys.. beautiful.. till the ravages of
tourism and unplanned development destroy them... It is actually a
very small valley and there are three ways to get into it.. through
J&K, via Rohtang pass (Manali) or via Chamba (a dangerous path) there
are no real roads in the valley but it is being 'developed' .. which
means you cannot go anywhere in this valley without eating mouthfuls
of dust all along due to massive cutting of hillsides and construction
of roads .. soon to be followed with hotels.. :( It could have been
akin to the valley of flowers.. if only they'd let it be... huge
slopes of mountains.. buried alive under the debris... made me want to
cry...
regards
Alok

On Sep 2, 7:47 am, Ushadi micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alok ji: where exactly is Pangi Valley???
>
> Your pics make me want to visit it...
> thanks
> Usha di
> ====
>
> On Sep 1, 10:32 pm, Alok Mahendroo <alokisabe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Dear friends,
> > As we cross Sach pass towards Pangi... more flowers..
>
> > Location Pangi Valley
> > Altitude 4500 mts
> > Habit herb
> > Habitat wild
> > Height 12 inches
>
> > regards
> > Alok
> > --
> > Himalayan Village Education Trust
> > Village Khudgot,
> > P.O. Dalhousie
> > District Chamba
> > H.P. 176304, India
>
> >www.hivetrust.wordpress.comwww.forwildlife.wordpress.comhttp://mushro......
>
> >  073111_1536.jpg
> > 105KViewDownload
>
> >  073111_1534.jpg
> > 105KViewDownload
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages