Ficus id please

bharathi raja

Jul 4, 2021, 7:31:10 AM7/4/21
to efloraofindia

All,
Found in nursery garden in Chennai in the month of June.

F2.jpg

bharathi raja

Jul 4, 2021, 7:32:06 AM7/4/21
to efloraofindia
F1.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 11, 2021, 11:52:35 AM7/11/21
to efloraofindia, Bharathi raja

With regards,
J.M.Garg
F2.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 11, 2021, 11:54:23 AM7/11/21
to efloraofindia, Bharathi raja

Found in nursery garden in Chennai in the month of June.

F1.jpg

radha veach

Jul 12, 2021, 12:18:37 AM7/12/21
to efloraofindia
Ficus curtipes?

regards
Radha

M Swamy

Jul 12, 2021, 12:19:13 AM7/12/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Bharathi raja
What I understand from my taxonomy friend  ( who is familiar with Ficus species )  is  :  "This seems to be Ficus elastica (cultivar /ornamental variety) may be from Havaii,now a days lot of manipulation is being done on this species for commercial purposes,the other near proximity species are F.craterostoma , F.cyathistipula ,F.concinna are being bred for bonsai and indoor display"

J.M. Garg

Jul 12, 2021, 2:53:56 AM7/12/21
to efloraofindia, Bharathi raja, M Swamy, radha veach

Jul 18, 2021, 10:47:28 AM7/18/21
to efloraofindia, radha veach, M Swamy
Thanks, Radha ji for id and Mahadeswara ji.
To me also appears close to images at Ficus curtipes

J.M. Garg

Jul 18, 2021, 11:40:38 AM7/18/21
to efloraofindia, radha veach, M Swamy
There is no doubt about this photograph to be of Ficus curtipes but presence of receptacles (figs) will help in differentiating this from Ficus ilicina an African Ficus species with similar leaf morphology and used as a bonsai in commercial plants.

Kind regards,
Varun
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jul 18, 2021, 12:46:04 PM7/18/21
to efloraofindia, radha veach, M Swamy, Bharathi raja
There is also a variety of Ficus natalensis with similar leaves, so receptacles are necessary for authentication.
Kind regards,
Varun

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

bharathi raja

Jul 18, 2021, 11:26:19 PM7/18/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, radha veach, M Swamy
In nursery they are calling it as lipstick fig.

J.M. Garg

Jul 27, 2021, 6:02:46 AM7/27/21
to bharathi raja, efloraofindia, radha veach, M Swamy
We have one Ficus natalensis subsp. leprieurii (Cultivated) on our site, but it looks different.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 27, 2021, 7:44:55 AM7/27/21
to J.M. Garg, bharathi raja, efloraofindia, radha veach, M Swamy
This looks close. Mr. Garg : https://www.gbif.org/species/6358688
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 27, 2021, 8:05:11 AM7/27/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Bharathi raja
Thanks a lot, Varun ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg