Please identify this fern 2

Neil Soares

Oct 23, 2009, 11:46:31 PM10/23/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Photographed on the banks of my stream at Shahapur [near Bombay]. Could Dr.Vijayadas please help.
               Thanks,
                  With regards,
                    Neil Soares.

Unidentified fern 2a.jpg
Unidentified fern 2b.jpg

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Oct 24, 2009, 2:41:31 AM10/24/09
to indiantreepix
How about Ceratopteris thalictroides ?

Neil Soares

Oct 24, 2009, 3:17:35 AM10/24/09
to indiantreepix, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Thanks Dr.Kumar. Sending this photograph taken previously at the same location which was identified as Ceratopteris thalactroides by Dr.Almeida. It does look the same.
                          With regards,
                            Neil Soares.

Oct 24, 2009, 3:26:18 AM10/24/09
to indiantreepix
the spelling of species sud be
'thalictroides'
Ceratopteris thalictroides (L.) Brongn.; Bull. Sci. Soc. Philom.
Paris, sér. 3, 8: 186 (1821)

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Oct 24, 2009, 4:29:38 AM10/24/09
to indiantreepix
The first picture is that of the leaves the second picture is
SPOROPHYLL of the same plant which emerges later. A sporophyll is a
leaf that bears sporangia. But offcourse Dr.Vijaya would be able to
confirm it further.
Just incase if my id is confirmed for this picture, I wanted to let
you know that this is a semi-aquatic fern, plant can be propagated by
cutting small pieces of leaves and putting them in water. New shoots
and roots emerges out from the margin after few days.
Regards
Panaj

Vijayadas D

Oct 24, 2009, 4:56:30 AM10/24/09
to Dr. Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Dear all,

Comments from Dr. Pankajkumar regarding this fern is right. The first foto refering to young stage , and the later one to mature stage  ie  sporophyll stage .

Riyadh-11462,PBNO-7210
KSA
vijayadas.wetpaint.com

Ferns are funniest plants..............!!!!!