Please find this herb

Muthu Karthick

Nov 19, 2009, 3:44:23 AM11/19/09
to indiantreepix, Vijayasankar Raman
This plant was found in a lake bund near Chennai on 03/11/2009.

Kindly help to identify this Euphorbiaceae member. Could this be Micrococca mercurialis ?

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

Vijayasankar Raman

Nov 19, 2009, 5:02:38 AM11/19/09
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Looks like Acalypha.

--
With regards

R. Vijayasankar
FRLHT, Bangalore

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 7, 2009, 7:51:11 AM12/7/09
to Vijayasankar Raman, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback: Vijayaraman ji..........Looks like Acalypha

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Jan 16, 2010, 2:59:29 AM1/16/10
to indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman

Earlier relevant feedback:

“Looks like Acalypha.

--
With regards

R. Vijayasankar”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Euphorbiaceae.jpg
Euphorbiaceae f.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 22, 2010, 12:56:59 AM2/22/10
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman
I too think it is Acalypha indica

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

JM Garg

Jan 26, 2014, 11:12:33 AM1/26/14
to efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty, Vijayasankar Raman, Muthu Karthick, Gurcharan Singh

"I too think it is Acalypha indica
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh"

On Saturday, January 16, 2010 1:29:29 PM UTC+5:30, JM Garg wrote:

Earlier relevant feedback:

“Looks like Acalypha.

--
With regards

R. Vijayasankar”

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Feb 8, 2014, 11:45:36 AM2/8/14
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty, Vijayasankar Raman, Muthu Karthick, Gurcharan Singh
Acalypha indica only

SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar MSc, PhD, FIAT, FLS (on leave )
Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

Presently working for the British Aerospace, Riyadh, KSA
NB: Please consider your environmental responsibility! Ask yourself before printing this email !!!

J.M. Garg

Jun 19, 2017, 6:15:43 AM6/19/17
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Vijayasankar Raman
In view of discussions in another thread, after checking all the threads under Acalypha indica L.,
I found this post to be different & appears like Acalypha lanceolata.
Also appears to be matching with the following:

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Euphorbiaceae.jpg
Euphorbiaceae f.jpg

Tapas Chakrabarty

Jun 19, 2017, 6:41:15 AM6/19/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Vijayasankar Raman
No comments to offer from my side without seeing  specimens.
Regards,
Tapas.

J.M. Garg

Apr 17, 2019, 7:05:56 AM4/17/19
to efloraofindia

Apr 26, 2019, 5:14:16 AM4/26/19
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, dr.rakesh Singh
Hi, Rakesh ji,
Can we have your views pl. ?

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

With regards,
J.M.Garg

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

Euphorbiaceae.jpg
Euphorbiaceae f.jpg

dr.rakesh Singh

Apr 27, 2019, 8:40:45 AM4/27/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
Yessir , sure! I 'll go with A. lanceolata .

J.M. Garg

Apr 28, 2019, 12:03:06 AM4/28/19
to dr.rakesh Singh, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
Thanks, Rakesh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 18, 2019, 7:21:41 AM9/18/19
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman, dr.rakesh Singh
I got keys at Flora of Medak District, Andhra Pradesh, India By T. Pullaiah, Chintala Prabhakar, B. Ravi Prasad Rao (Description & Keys- Acalypha ciliata, Acalypha indica, Acalypha lanceolata & Acalypha malabarica) as below:
Capsules hispid, bracts with glandular hairs- Acalypha malabarica
Capsules glabrous, bracts without glandular hairs- Acalypha lanceaolata
In view, I will go for Acalypha malabarica

Sep 19, 2019, 11:21:58 AM9/19/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, dr.rakesh Singh
I agree with Garg ji's ID, Acalypha malabarica.

Vijayasankar
Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
University of Mississippi

J.M. Garg

Sep 19, 2019, 1:01:49 PM9/19/19
to Vijayasankar Raman, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, dr.rakesh Singh
Thanks, Vijayasankar ji