Plant for ID from Kaziranga

kaysat tiwari

Apr 1, 2009, 9:59:44 AM4/1/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
Last month I saw this plant in Wild Grass lodge none of the staff could tell me the name of the tree.
May I requst for help
Thanks.
Satyendra

--
Satyendra K.Tiwari.
Wildlife Photographer, Naturalist, Tour Leader

Swapna Prabhu

Apr 1, 2009, 10:25:06 AM4/1/09
to kaysat tiwari, indiantreepix
Hi,

It's an exotic, Brownea coccinea of Caesalpiniaceae.

-Swapna
--
Dr. Swapna Prabhu
Systematic Botanist/ Taxonomist

J.M. Garg

Apr 1, 2009, 11:18:29 AM4/1/09
to Swapna Prabhu, kaysat tiwari, indiantreepix
Thanks, Swapna ji.
More from Indiantreepix Database:
Brownea coccinea (syn. B. capitella, B. latifolia, B. racemosa, Hermesias capitella, H. latifolia, H. racemosa)   Caesalpiniaceae  West Indian Mountain Rose/ Scarlet Flame-bean  At Bot. Gardens, Kolkata in Feb'07; at Rani Baug, Mumbai- on 1st March, '09;  http://www.da-academy.org/dagardens_brownea1.html West Indian Mountain Rose/ Scarlet Flame-bean (Brownea coccinea) - indiantreepix | Google Groups Brownea coccinea Jacq. capitella (Jacq.)D.Velasq. & Agostini Brownea coccinia - indiantreepix | Google Groups